Trump's Ed. Pick with No Teaching or Admistrative Experience

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-airforce-diversity-idUSKBN0M02CF20150304

Pretty much explains it all...i don't doubt that this woman had to have at least some genuine qualifications, but i highly doubt she was the "best possible pick".. .this was pandering at it's finest
That literally explains nothing. And after actually looking up this woman, I realize that you seriously need to do your fucking homework. She wasn't appointed as the military "head of the air force". That is the Air Force Chief of Staff position. She was appointed as head of NORAD/NORTHCOM, so your line about not being a pilot sounds even more ridiculous.

Also, there are currently 14 4-star generals in the Air Force. If you want to make an argument for why she's not qualified, you at least need to look at her career track, what positions she held before, and if that logically leads to a combatant command position. Right now you just sound like a naive civilian that's just talking out of your ass. I recommend that you stay in your lane and avoid making a further ass out of yourself.

Teachers are leaving my state right now because of constant Republican cuts to education. They're talking about four days a week public schooling to save money. Fuck a QuickTrip employee actually makes more money than a teacher here. Thanks to Republicans here were ranked in the last three States in the country for education.

Also for the record it feels like you are assuming NYC schools are all crazy madhouses of gang violence and teenage pregnancy (which has declined thanks to Planned Parenthood offering birth control and schools rejecting the failed abstinence only teaching) when I imagine they have some of the top schools in the nation.
What state are you in A&I?

The Democrats are so bitter right now that they won't even accept a job for Trump's administration.

The loss of this election has stung then more than we can probably imagine.

I believe their bitter, vindictive response will reap its just, inherent punishment. It's like dealing with a spoiled child. They'll tantrum for a long while and then realize it's better when dad's around.

If they manage to actually gut our public education system this country is fucked. People need to worship more than the almighty dollar. Things are getting more and more pathetic by the day.
They did already manage to gut it. Have you checked how the US compares internationally when it comes to education? That's how Trump got elected. I thought that was obvious. If you watch the video in the OP you see why.

I believe their bitter, vindictive response will reap its just, inherent punishment. It's like dealing with a spoiled child. They'll tantrum for a long while and then realize it's better when dad's around.
I think Trump is gonna win over a lot of people. Maybe not the real die hard dedicated leftists and globalists, but real people.

They did already manage to gut it. Have you checked how the US compares internationally when it comes to education? That's how Trump got elected. I thought that was obvious. If you watch the video in the OP you see why.
Trump got elected because of Obama.

And Hillary is maybe the worst candidate ever.

Trump's pick for Secretary of Education, Besty Devos has never attended a public school. Nor has she ever worked in a school of any kind, at any level. Nor does she have political experience, for what that's worth.

She is a wealthy (billionaire) heiress who has used her money and connections to open up a web of charter schools in Michigan. The charter schools she has opened are among the worst performing schools in the state.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/betsy-devos-michigan-school-experiment-232399

She has no experience or understanding of fundamental issues and debates in education, as was shown when Senator Franken asked her to explain the difference between evaluation based on "proficiency" and "growth" and she could not.

She also said that student debt has increased by 980% in the last 8 years, which is just a made up number (it has increased 118%).

She is ignorant on issues and her policies have track record of failure in her own home state. So what is her qualification, you might ask? Her family is among the largest national donors to the Republican party

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...amily-amway-michigan-politics-religion-214631

She has many investments in companies that could benefit greatly if public education money were to be funneled into charter schools.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/politics/betsy-devos-education-senate-hearing.html

This is NOT the way America is supposed to work.

Tim Kaine destroyed her, by the way, for what that's worth:

OUr pub ed sux already. If you think this lady is just in it for a profit, what do you think our current Pub Ed industrial complex is?

She did go to school, private, and her brotha is a Navy Seal. I think this is good pick. She should bring her bro in along with her. We can implement some Navy SEAL military style training into our Pub Ed now. Be better than it is before.

I'm gonna just cut to the chase here for everyone so we can stop the silly back and forth.

It's like this: the wealthy (specifically conservatives) tend Republicans because Republicans champion elitist policy. Devos is a perfect example. The entire aim here is the relieve wealthy tax payers from having their money contribute to public education because frankly they don't think they should have to help pay for it. They want to break off all state services that buttress the middle class or the poor because (again) they don't like the idea of their money going to lesser people. Devos wants to put a charter school voucher system in to take money away from public education and put it into private for profit charter schools.

This process begins to separate the rich kids who can afford the best education from the poor who cannot. The end result is a firmer caste system that benefits the wealthy and elite. None of that means kids who're smart and highly achieving will actually benefit or be raised up. Quite the contrary, quality education will only be available to the wealthy even if their children are average or have special needs. Skip forward a generation and all of a sudden you have a much much worse education gap between wealthy and middle class/poor... it would absolutely dwarf the current divide.

For those of you in the middle class or really struggling that supported trump, understand all of the above and understand it well. You can always go back on your support and fight for yourself.

The Democrats are loaded with dummies and elitists but at least they try. The Republicans, people like Devos or Paul Ryan or Jeff Sessions want to destroy the states efforts at providing aid, support and an equal opportunity that fosters the highest chance of achievement. If we did that this country's economy would be light years better off in the long run because it would fully tap into the populations innovative potential.

Look no further than Sessions attempts to suppress equal rights to vote or Ryan's efforts to destroy care for the elderly. They're gutless, heartless people who don't care about making America great again - they care only or their own closest ilk.

Last edited:
First of all, you sound bullshitty. Instead of acknowledging major faults of the article you proceed with picking on some less important things. So fuck you, dishonest asshole, you aren't worth shit. At least until you acknowledge, of course.

But still. You suspiciously don't say WHY they became worse to other again unnamed states (let's assume that it's true, however, I'd doubt anything coming from anyone quoting this article and defending it). Was it because of charter schools? It's unknown from the article.

Again, because of what you dumbass? You understand what causation is, no?

Could it be that while charters improved the situation, still there was a bigger impact factor that caused everything to go down? It's unclear from the article.

Fuck "most analysts". Where's the data supporting this?
First of all, the name calling, not cool man.
Second, if you look through this thread, I've posted about 10 sources. They all agree on the basic situation: Michigan's test scores have gotten WORSE since charter expansion. Here are the exact numbers:

Michigan's 4th grade reading rank 41st, down from 28th in 2003.
Michigan's 4th grade math 42nd, down from 27th in 2003.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/edu...igan-students-sliding-toward-bottom/84535876/

That's a pretty steep slide. Similar numbers in eighth grade scores.

Charter school expansion is the biggest change in Michigan education over that time period, so there is a strong correlation.

Last edited:
OUr pub ed sux already. If you think this lady is just in it for a profit, what do you think our current Pub Ed industrial complex is?

She did go to school, private, and her brotha is a Navy Seal. I think this is good pick. She should bring her bro in along with her. We can implement some Navy SEAL military style training into our Pub Ed now. Be better than it is before.
56234bbe107f5452530f1a224ecdcb028b07d04beaf70f1bfb378cd72052aceb.jpg

Who you pick then? Someone who gave boring lectures for years until his students cried.
My pick?

hulk-hogan-hulkamania.jpg

"Whatcha gonna do, when the largest education system in the world runs wild on you?"

Seriously, though, I would have picked somebody with some experience in running a school system successfully.

Last edited:
Who cares ? Look what progressive led public education has given us ;

npiprotestorfag.jpeg

160112165335-01-detroit-sickout-protest-exlarge-169.jpg

1453934506699.jpg
liberal education did not kick kids out of school or create dropouts in inner cities.

political and moral views should not be taught in schools...thats up to the individual to decide...

what matters is if the curriculum can get them good jobs....and in liberal states plenty of good tech jobs go to liberal people.

You must be 15

Back