TrumpetDan's jiu jitsu training log

So one of the more unique experiences in my BJJ career happened today. I spent the entire day with one of the sports more interesting and mysterious personalities, Joao Miyao.

What is an hour long car ride 1 on 1 with Joao? Lunch? Working with him filming for JiuJitsu.net and teaching a seminar at the gym? How did Joao react to kids class? I wish I could tell you...but I am too tired and not motivated to write the long blog it deserves. I have to save some stories for in person too! Muah ha ha...sorry. At the heart of it all, is Joao is now a contributor to JiuJitsu.net which is pretty cool. Tomorrow I have a filming session with Gianni Grippo. I must say, GIanni is much more relate-able to your average person than Joao so ill probably have less stories from him.

So just by chance, I have formed a relationship with Ciceros Team and some others. Some of ciceros top guys are rocking Brea Jiu-Jitsu patches. Which is really an honor to have purple, brown and black belts.

This was my first year not being a commentator for worlds. I miss it and I don't. I was able to do some of the stuff I had grown to really miss. Providing some of my black belt friends with analysis of their opponents. It really feels like you are part of the action.

I really have to go. My wife is calling in a foot massage that I owe her because I have not seen her in a week due to worlds. Maybe some of you can relate. lol

Back