Trump to leave protections for U.S.'dreamer' migrants

Bad move, this is a pandering move to the establishment, neither one will give him credit for this anyway. Illegals want to come to the US so bad, well once they go back to their country of origin, they can apply for legal citizenship and visas like everybody else. Calling them "Dreamers" doesn't take away from the fact their are illegals. "dreamers" is their term for pretending like they aren't committing a crime.

This is a move I agree with. It shows compassion. Of course he will get blow back from his more ideological stupid supporters.

prepare the child catapult

catapult_0.jpg

Good news. How will my wife spin this to fear/hate him still? I'll check tonight.

Bad move, this is a pandering move to the establishment, neither one will give him credit for this anyway. Illegals want to come to the US so bad, well once they go back to their country of origin, they can apply for legal citizenship and visas like everybody else. Calling them "Dreamers" doesn't take away from the fact their are illegals. "dreamers" is their term for pretending like they aren't committing a crime.
Yes because we all know, kids who came here unwillingly , dragged by there parents are criminals.

It was the sensible thing. That's why Obama did it. The Republicans filibuster the dream act so Obama puts in daca to force them into action to pass it or in case a repub gets into the wh because its harded to take it away once its in place.

Its not pandering, he's always said he was overly sympathetic to the "Dreamers", DACA kids.

Emotion has no place in law. Something that liberals forget whenever it's convenient

If that is the case, laws have no place at all.

Trying to enforce laws without looking at individual situations, and without compassion is simply hiding from what can be tough calls. It's spineless, nonsensical way of running things.

If that is the case, laws have no place at all.

Trying to enforce laws without looking at individual situations, and without compassion is simply hiding from what can be tough calls. It's spineless, nonsensical way of running things.

Laws are written to be clear, the "yeah but..." thinking of laws is what makes them useless. There is not ONE immigration law that states "But you need to be compassionate" You have laws written on the books but you have people from both parties who only want to follow them depending on the political gain.

Laws are written to be clear, the "yeah but..." thinking of laws is what makes them useless. There is not ONE immigration law that states "But you need to be compassionate" You have laws written on the books but you have people from both parties who only want to follow them depending on the political gain.

Even the clearest law can't take into account every situation. In this case Immigration laws has not taking into account children brought to this country with no choice in the matter.

I'm almost certain that once you've been deported, you can NOT ever apply/return legally

It's good in most cases right now, since you have to break laws in America, in general, to get deported. Those people can stay away, but if Trump cracks down on people who's only crime is crossing the border, it's rough to deal with that.

bad move that ppl will believe that he has "softened"?

he's always been pro DACA since 2013
http://nbclatino.com/2013/08/22/donald-trump-tells-immigrant-advocates-youve-convinced-me/

or that DACA is bad? it's more of a "don't ask, don't tell" and if you're a criminal or gangbanber DACA kid, you get deported anyway.

Trump will not win any brownie points for this, the people that are against will always be against him, this changes nothing. I know he's always been pro-DACA but my problem with it is that we send the message that we give more leeway to non-citizens as far as laws go than we give to our own citizens.

Back