International Trump/Putin Summit

I said the demand was in writing. Which it is. You were denying that he ever said it.

Now you’re shifting the goalposts.

Your comments are in writing. Who do you think you’re trying to fool.

<Dany07>

He didn't make any demands.

He whined on twitter. That's all.

No new agreement or commitment was reached.

Any of them emerged yet that you like? It's starting to get late in the game for '20.

I don't think anyone is officially running now. Most presidential elections, you start seeing the candidates declare in the year before the election. I haven't given any of them the scrutiny necessary to pick among them. I can say that every plausible candidate (unless Gabbard is considered "plausible") will be much better than Trump.

I don't think anyone is officially running now. Most presidential elections, you start seeing the candidates declare in the year before the election. I haven't given any of them the scrutiny necessary to pick among them. I can say that every plausible candidate (unless Gabbard is considered "plausible") will be much better than Trump.

What don't you like about Gabbard? Also kinda shocked to hear you say you don't think she's better than Trump.

<{danawhoah}>

<Dany07>

He didn't make any demands.

He whined on twitter. That's all.

No new agreement or commitment was reached.

if not Trump, you wouldn't even have the discussion about unbalanced NATO spendings.

tumblr_mtwkfi24Jo1ru95nqo6_250.gif

if not Trump, you wouldn't even have the discussion about unbalanced NATO spendings.

tumblr_mtwkfi24Jo1ru95nqo6_250.gif

The fuck are you talking about?

Obama started this conversation and had them agree to the 2024 target in 2014.

Other than O'Malley, which superior-to-Clinton options do you expect to have in 2020?

See my response to Petey.

I said in 2016 that I thought Clinton was roughly around my expectation for a Democratic nominee (and thus above average for the field). If I had to say now, among possible candidates aside from O'Malley (and note that I'm not a huge O'Malley fan--I thought there was little difference among the three major candidates in 2016 with him on top), Kerry, Kaine, Warren, and my governor (borderline "possible" probably). Seems to me that the right has already been aggressively targeting Warren and the MSM is going along with it so while she would probably be a good president, she might face longer odds.

What don't you like about Gabbard? Also kinda shocked to hear you say you don't think she's better than Trump.

<{danawhoah}>

Not *much* better. Similar. She doesn't have anything close to the necessary experience, not very bright or well-educated, and ethically questionable.

See my response to Petey.

I said in 2016 that I thought Clinton was roughly around my expectation for a Democratic nominee (and thus above average for the field). If I had to say now, among possible candidates aside from O'Malley (and note that I'm not a huge O'Malley fan--I thought there was little difference among the three major candidates in 2016 with him on top), Kerry, Kaine, Warren, and my governor (borderline "possible" probably). Seems to me that the right has already been aggressively targeting Warren and the MSM is going along with it so while she would probably be a good president, she might face longer odds.

Warren and Clinton are very very different though. Policy-wise, what's the big difference between Sanders (who you didn't list) and Warren?

Also, do you really see Kerry running?

The fuck are you talking about?

Obama started this conversation and had them agree to the 2024 target in 2014.

he was 8 years in office. and the unbalanced spendings are the result of his sloppy American last policy. The NATO partners have ignored this issue forever and it would continue under Hillary.

Well you claimed Russia has Trump compromised based on nothing but your own confirmation bias. He didn't call him out at a press conference therefore compromised. That's terrible logic. You also called him an inciter right after he met with the biggest nuclear power on earth in hopes of working through our issues while the rest of you guys are calling for a new cold war. Who is doing the inciting here?

And based on performance I have to say Trump is the most qualified president I've seen in my lifetime. Definitely more qualified than Clinton, W, and Obama. I don't know on what basis you claim he is unqualified.

Do you worry about him sending us to war based on false intel? Do you worry about him randomly deposing of world leaders and allowing literal slave trades to flourish like previous presidents? Do you worry about him signing trade deals that send jobs overseas for decades or setting up a surveillance state?

I would question your priorities if you think Trump is some big risk but not the ones starting wars, wrecking economies, spying on citizens, being owned by corporate donors, selling government secrets and resources, ect, ect, ect.

Well I put the blame for this on the old, pre-2016 political/media/corporate establishment and the leftists that support them. I don't think there is anything Trump or the right can do to reconcile with the left other than submit to them. I'm afraid the only reconciliation possible is for the left to come back to center and submit to the constitution and decency. Otherwise there is going to be division Trump or no Trump.
{<huh}

<Huh2>

<TheDonald>

Not *much* better. Similar. She doesn't have anything close to the necessary experience, not very bright or well-educated, and ethically questionable.

What is the ethically questionable part with Gabbard?

Also, do you think she's likely to even be in the conversation as it gets close to game time? Seems like that would be a longshot, unless the Dems really try to come out of left field (get it) in 2020 to try & pull an Ocasio-Cortez.

Warren and Clinton are very very different though. Policy-wise, what's the big difference between Sanders (who you didn't list) and Warren?

Also, do you really see Kerry running?

When you're talking about candidates within the same party, policy differences are going to be defined more by creativity (more likely of their policy teams than themselves, though the candidate has to be able to get it). I think Clinton or Warren would just be better chess players than Bernie, more likely to find ways to improve things if they can't get smashing victories (though it's not a huge difference--I'd be fine with Bernie winning, and I think he's the early favorite).

There's a story that Warren told about Clinton that left-wing nutters here used to post a lot that I think really illustrates Clinton's strength. There was a bankruptcy bill that was about to be signed by Bill that Warren strongly opposed. Clinton requested a meeting about it. Warren said that Clinton showed a remarkable ability to grasp the issue and ask good questions, and then went back to the WH and killed the bill. But then later as senator, she voted for a similar one. Warren suspected and the nutter brigade was convinced that it was influence from Wall Street or something. But if you look up what really happened, Clinton saw that the bill was going to pass anyway and made a deal to make it a little less bad in exchange for some bipartisan support. I thought that that's exactly the kind of president we want when there's a shitty Congress. Warren comes off naive in that story, but I think she's much savvier now. I don't think Bernie would be that clever, though he is more pragmatic than his rabid fans realize.

I don't know that Kerry is running again, but it's been floated, and I think it's certainly possible.

Facebook. Currently on a ban for this beauty:
36087464_625473897815591_6825833876758200320_o.jpg

Americans don't do sarcasm/irony. It just comes off as homophobia apparently.
At least we don't risk imprisonment for posting them, though. ;)

Trump should get the Nobel Peace Prize for creating peace with Russia.

he was 8 years in office. and the unbalanced spendings are the result of his sloppy American last policy. The NATO partners have ignored this issue forever and it would continue under Hillary.

This is bordering on the idiotic. How could he be 8 years in office in 2014? Shit, Presidents only get 8 years total, lol.

And how could NATO partners ignore an issue when they'd already agreed to address the issue and change their behavior? And if anything continued under HRC it would be the agreement to get up to speed by 2024.

You know what - nevermind. Too much idiocy for me to bother discussing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back