Trump Official Said He Only Listened to Lobbyists Who Gave Him Money. Here's Who Gave Him the Most

In other words, if you have a cause you want to promote, stopping child abuse for example, and you want to meet with him you need to donate money to his campaign.

You’ll notice how they bury the last and most important line...

I also expect you to express outrage at Clinton doing exactly that at the state department, except she only met with people who donated to her sham charity.

Meeting with constituents is quite literally his job. Nobody get bonus points for doing the most basic parts of their job. He sold access to lobbyists. Sure there are large well paid lobbyists that represent big pharma but what about one-man operation lobbyist representing smaller interests who can't afford to donate to all the Comgressman?

This is textbook pay-to-play. But now that I know that it is OK I'll take it off my list of shit that Hillary did wrong.

Meeting with constituents is quite literally his job. Nobody get bonus points for doing the most basic parts of their job. He sold access to lobbyists. Sure there are large well paid lobbyists that represent big pharma but what about one-man operation lobbyist representing smaller interests who can't afford to donate to all the Comgressman?

This is textbook pay-to-play. But now that I know that it is OK I'll take it off my list of shit that Hillary did wrong.

You do realize this is how all of Washington works, right?

And it is only a problem when Democrat do it(just like everything else) right Bobby?

Recognizing politics for what it is, isn’t an endorsement of the behavior.

Again, if I could snap my fingers and implement what I WANTED, you’d be very surprised at how middle of the road my choices would be.

PS Washington is crooked, but I actually think cleaning up local politics would be an even bigger pipedream. Maybe not everywhere, but let me tell you, NY is crooked as can be.

You do realize this is how all of Washington works, right?

Since Trumpmis draining the swamp, why not start here? We have a public admission. This is an excellent opportunity for Trump to make a major drain the swamp statement.

Since Trumpmis draining the swamp, why not start here? We have a public admission. This is an excellent opportunity for Trump to make a major drain the swamp statement.

Because the only guy left in Washington would be trump.

Also, you’re ignoring how he stated he meets with his actual constituents regardless of donations. After that, which is his responsibility, he meets with lobbyists.

Were you under the impression lobbyists didn’t grease the wheels for access in Washington?

Also, you’re ignoring how he stated he meets with his actual constituents regardless of donations. After that, which is his responsibility, he meets with lobbyists.

Were you under the impression lobbyists didn’t grease the wheels for access in Washington?

Maybe Congressmen should just charge an hourly rate for meetings.

Remember, it's the Republicans who have most recently made a stink about pay to play and then a Repulican appointee and former Congressmen admits he did it.

Trump's silence is deafening, just like when he said only guilty people take the 5th and now his own lawyer has done that regarding is deal with Stormy. I'm still waiting for his condemning tweet.

Were Trump not specifically contradicting himself claiming to be draining the swamp this story and the Cohen 5th would be less interesting stories.

Recognizing politics for what it is, isn’t an endorsement of the behavior.

Again, if I could snap my fingers and implement what I WANTED, you’d be very surprised at how middle of the road my choices would be.

PS Washington is crooked, but I actually think cleaning up local politics would be an even bigger pipedream. Maybe not everywhere, but let me tell you, NY is crooked as can be.

For some reason I thought you lived in FL.

That's how it's done and it needs to change.

Trumps voters were in the right place, opposed to this, and many opposed to establishment conservative b.s. like citizens United.

It's pretty clear what that environment was for the lobbyists. To get in front of the guy, you had to give him money. And since just giving money didn't guarantee a meeting, you had better make sure you gave enough money to get his attention.

Sure, he met with individual constituents but since he was also clearly keep tracking of what he received for his face time, I wonder how he felt about his non-contributing individual constituents even as he met with them. And I wonder how he balanced his set of priorities "individual who gave me nothing" vs. "lobbyist who gave me enough to warrant a meeting."

Maybe I'm cynical...but I doubt he saw them equally.

Individual constituents who had power to direct money would likely get a better treatment imo.

Are all of you morons serious? 1 million? 480,000? Lol Hillary gives speeches worth more than that.

The level of hysteria at everything to do with Trump is just so bizarre. There are better thing to be outraged about, this isn’t one of them.

That's how it's done and it needs to change.

Trumps voters were in the right place, opposed to this, and many opposed to establishment conservative b.s. like citizens United.
Then they are getting none of what they voted for. You do realize that the Supreme court pick(Gorsuch) conservatives are so proud of stealing will ensure that Citizens United is going nowhere.

He in no way said he meets constituents before lobbyists.

Then they are getting none of what they voted for. You do realize that the Supreme court pick(Gorsuch) conservatives are so proud of stealing will ensure that Citizens United is going nowhere.

Well Independants decide elections.. So we will see the match up in a couple years.

Are all of you morons serious? 1 million? 480,000? Lol Hillary gives speeches worth more than that.

The level of hysteria at everything to do with Trump is just so bizarre. There are better thing to be outraged about, this isn’t one of them.

Why are you comparing paid speeches to political donations?

Maybe Congressmen should just charge an hourly rate for meetings.

Remember, it's the Republicans who have most recently made a stink about pay to play and then a Repulican appointee and former Congressmen admits he did it.

Trump's silence is deafening, just like when he said only guilty people take the 5th and now his own lawyer has done that regarding is deal with Stormy. I'm still waiting for his condemning tweet.

Were Trump not specifically contradicting himself claiming to be draining the swamp this story and the Cohen 5th would be less interesting stories.

LOL, you’ve been reduced to talking about Stormy Daniels.

LOL even harder at anyone being surprised a slimy nyc lawyer pleads the 5th.

Btw, that’s not pay to play for the record. It’s called lobbying.

Back