Trump imposes Tariffs on Steel and aluminum Imports

I read a pretty funny article that included an interview with a professor in national economy at Lund university. One of the things she said is that if a student displayed the same ideas about trade as Trump's statement about wanting an export surplus with all nations it trades with, that student would fail at the basic course due to not understanding more of the basics of international trade.

I read a pretty funny article that included an interview with a professor in national economy at Lund university. One of the things she said is that if a student displayed the same ideas about trade as Trump's statement about wanting an export surplus with all nations it trades with, that student would fail at the basic course due to not understanding more of the basics of international trade.

They say they want to turn an 800 billion deficit into an 800 billion surplus.

And i wonder if these individuals understand that only the US can print US dollars.

Where would the rest of the world get the 1.6 trillion dollars gap? is the US going to invest massively in other countries like other countries invest massively in the US?

We still make jeans and t-shirts?

Where?

Probably for export only, its not like there isnt a way to make profitable expensive clothing, is just that most Americans arent willing to pay for it.

For example Japanese-made judo kimonos, top notch, but cost like 3 times a chinese made one.

Probably for export only, its not like there isnt a way to make profitable expensive clothing, is just that most Americans arent willing to pay for it.

For example Japanese-made judo kimonos, top notch, but cost like 3 times a chinese made one.

Yeah that sounds right. We have designer clothes production. Just not mass production. Seems to me that tariffs wouldn't effect that market though.

He has a Bachelor of Science in Economics from the Wharton School of Business... I'm pretty sure that he would have no trouble passing a basic econ. class at Lund University.

<TheDonald>

Well it appears it's not obvious for "leftist geniuses" in this thread.

Now, this can still go catastrophically or great or basically same.
But you can bet your ass these leftists will call it disaster either way.

All my life people(including me) have voted for mofos who promised lower taxes.
And then same mofos don't, or even worse they increase them.
Trump promises lower taxes, keeps his word=literally Hitler.

Bush lowered taxes. Was he a good president?

We still make jeans and t-shirts?

Where?

It's weird sometimes, what is made for export where, and where it's exported to. When I lived in Mexico, I saw that someone there made microwave ovens that were only for export to the US, they weren't sold in Mexico. And IF I remember right, another company in the US was at the time making microwaves that were only for export to Mexico.

It's weird sometimes, what is made for export where, and where it's exported to. When I lived in Mexico, I saw that someone there made microwave ovens that were only for export to the US, they weren't sold in Mexico. And IF I remember right, another company in the US was at the time making microwaves that were only for export to Mexico.

Dat free trade.

Free to crony capitalism.

Well it appears it's not obvious for "leftist geniuses" in this thread.

Now, this can still go catastrophically or great or basically same.
But you can bet your ass these leftists will call it disaster either way.

All my life people(including me) have voted for mofos who promised lower taxes.
And then same mofos don't, or even worse they increase them.
Trump promises lower taxes, keeps his word=literally Hitler.
Yeah. All I realistically wanted was for Trump to lower my taxes and not start WWIII. With the added benefit of stopping his opponent and pretty happy.

Well China has hit back with various tariffs which seem to be going after Trump state's.

And Trump's fight with the stock market continues

Trump starting a trade war with China? How much more incompetent can this guy get?

Trump starting a trade war with China? How much more incompetent can this guy get?

Starting a trade war with Canada, Mexico & the EU.

Pork & Cheese? Americans will feel that.

what a dumb cunt.. the republicans running on midterm elections are gonna get annihilated with this stupid shit

When this is the average intellectual, and maturity level of your followers:

87Ozl.gif

I'm not really sure what the rest of us were expecting to happen.
This is what happens when you elect the "loud mouthed "tough guy" at the BBQ or end of the bar" that has an answer to everything, unfortunately the answer to everything is "kick their ass" It all sounds great until the follow up question "now what?"

Back