Trump federal judge nominee...,future of courts?

I'm guessing you were violently opposed to President Obama's nomination of Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court. After all, she had never served as a judge before joining SCOTUS.

Please dont project dualities. Obama's appointment of friends and unqualified acquaintances is precisely what made me give up on him quickly in 09. I dont give a shit about the party that does it; I just want people who are qualified to do these important jobs, especially considering Alabama is usually at the forefront of pushing creationism in schools alongside science. I think that is quite important to our Republic, having proper education....

Please dont project dualities. Obama's appointment of friends and unqualified acquaintances is precisely what made me give up on him quickly in 09. I dont give a shit about the party that does it; I just want people who are qualified to do these important jobs, especially considering Alabama is usually at the forefront of pushing creationism in schools alongside science. I think that is quite important to our Republic, having proper education....
I was searching to see if there was a principle behind your opinion. It appears there was.

I fully expect the democrats to go far left and if the can get in to try and take the country that way. Hillary was that way on many issues and so was Obama so I expect no move to the center and in fact more left.

So we will fight it out again.
What exactly was Obama and Huillary "far left" on?

Reminds me of when Dubya was pulling fresh-faced graduates right out of Christian 'colleges' with no experience in anything to run zhit in Iraq.

2 of the Judge nominees will not Pass Go including the Ghost Hunter.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...S_ALOL-?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Two of President Donald Trump's nominees for federal judge are not moving forward amid criticism from a leading Republican senator.

White House officials say the nomination of Brett Talley has been withdrawn. And a person familiar with the process says the administration hasn't submitted paperwork for the nomination of Jeff Mateer and does not intend to. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe internal deliberations.

Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has said the two nominees were going nowhere.

In speeches, Mateer has described transgender children as evidence of "Satan's plan."

Talley has never argued a case in court and was rated "unanimously unqualified" by the American Bar Association.

Grassley said in an interview with CNN on Tuesday that he told the White House to rethink both nominations.

Mateer was tapped to be a federal judge in Texas, while Talley was picked for U.S. District Court in Alabama.

Trump's judicial appointments are the #1 reason I am rooting for him. Over the long run, there is little that could damage us more than the appointment of large numbers of activist/expansionist judges to the federal judiciary.

Sure, you can focus on the most unqualified nominee that Trump has put forward. But why not zone in on the big boys and girls: the eight appellate judges who have actually been confirmed under Trump. Are you going to quibble with their credentials? All of them have clerked for prominent textualist judges, have graduated from top schools, and have served on courts including the federal district courts and state supreme courts.

It seems you are missing the forest for the trees here, and I suspect tribalism is to blame for it.

The nomination of Brett Talley, the Justice Department official in line for a lifetime judicial appointment, "will not be moving forward," a Trump administration official told NPR on Wednesday.

Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, who leads the Judiciary Committee, called on the White House to withdraw Talley's nomination.

So yeah, keep overlooking the hundreds of highly qualified nominees Trump has put forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back