True or False: Jon jones is better than Gsp p4p

One has been caught using steroids twice, one hasn’t ever. GSP /thread

100% true but we cant do this gsp is ww and barely a mw jj has a real wrestling background thats impressive so yes to that i mean its hard to think about... If they were to fight jj is gonna win but gsp would never fight sombody that good to risk it and i dont see him making 205 pnds so hed get his but wooped

I would say true because I think Jones would completely demolish GSP if he's a welterweight
way better overall striking, slightly better wrestling,better submission, better fight iq, better when hes on top of you
You guys can have your own opinion of what p4p means but i'll give mine. But first, I do think p4p jones has been slightly more successful so i'll say that. The only reason is because gsp has 2 losses. So you guys don't need to grill me on this because I realize the relativeness of this question and depending on which metrics you use, both arguments can be soundly made. There's still way more factors at play, like level of competition. I still give it to jones, but hey that's just me man.

Here's the problem with your p4p assessment that I see. First, we can't assume JJ at LH would be the same JJ at WW. Based off his height and weight, he would be an incredibly skinny and weaker ww compared to a solid strong guy like gsp at ww. As you move in weight, you gain and lose strengths. The overall skills/techniques learned wouldn't change, but the execution of those skills certainly will. In a nut shell, moving up in weight means you will be a little slower and not as quick. You will gain strength, but the questions remains will it be the same strength in that division relative to the other division vs their opponents. If you fight lighter, you may me more flexible, quicker, and faster....but you then lose a lot of strength. Basically what I'm saying is it will totally change your ability to grapple and strike depending on which way you go. Which then logically we can assume it's hard to imagine jj will be the same fighter at a different weight. For JJ, I think it's easier to imagine him at HW than a lighter class. A similar example would be Anthony Johnson, he's certainly better at LH than he was at WW. I imagine JJ would have the same problems AJ had.

So p4p to me is basically how successful fighter A is in his weight class vs how successful fighter b is in his weight class. You then assess both fighters and look at it and say, ok this guy has done this (maybe more wins, ko's, takedowns, vs these opponents, etc) more than the other guy. In weight lifting it's a little different definition because then you can simply use percentages of body weight vs weight lifted. Thats easily measurable. In ufc, you can't measure striking, wrestling, etc across weight classes... as easy as you can in weight lifting.

So I appreciate your post and I can respectfully say I respect your opinion. I'm not saying I have all the answers, but just sharing how I view it.

To be fair jj would beat any champion in the ufc p4p hw mw ww lw hes that good

needs to not take steroids
needs to try going to heavyweight and beating the champion there.
I know bisping wasnt that good of a champ but gsp still beat him.

How does Jones have better wrestling the GSP??

...Do you know who GSP is TS?

FALSE only a crazy man thinks that Jones is the goat, a guy who popped for peds inumerous times, a guy who ran over a pregnant woman, a guy who had the height and reach advantage whole the time, a guy who was scared to jump into heavyweight. Gsp is the real Goat no question here, its all about skill, talent and work

False.

P4P is a completely hypothetical scenario where if size was equal, whose skills would prevail?

GSP has proven himself against larger fighters, Jon's physical size/advantage is a huge part of his game and struggled mightily against the only equal-sized fighter in Gustafsson

P4P means fuck all. Jones is good because of his length and reach advantages. Which would mean nothing hypothetical p4p matchups where its skillset vs skillset. Jones' skillset is reach dependant. Gsp has much better honed skills than jones

I don't get that saying Jones is better genetically. Nobody knows what genetics is like for Jones without roids. GSP all the way.

This

Jones brothers were also caught with roids

I would say true because I think Jones would completely demolish GSP if he's a welterweight
way better overall striking, slightly better wrestling,better submission, better fight iq, better when hes on top of you
If they were exactly the same size? No. One of Jones greatest strengths was that huge reach advantage over his opponents.. he wouldnt't have that.. Better wrestler? No, GSP never got outwrestled vs someone who wasnt a wreslter like Jones did vs Gus.. better submissions? Maybe yes or maybe even. Better fight IQ? Id have to go with GSP on that one... Better when hes on top? Id say they're both spectacular when on top .. <NewGina>

How could either be best p4p when they both always fight smaller guys. ....

Back