True or False: Conor offered to step in and fight Edgar because he'd have a massive size advantage

The bigger story is why didn't he 'step up' to unify the title against El Cucuy, if he was ready to fight, as a "champion" should?

What a joke.
He will
I called it 2 months ago
Its all Dana's plan

Conor McGregor has a track record of KO'ing smaller guys. I think he has a 100% KO rate of smaller guys in the UFC. I don't question McGregor's ability to KO smaller fighters than him.

I will bet on McGregor's left hand over Frankie's chin. Frankie beats McGregor by outlasting him. However, I think the fight will end really quickly with Frankie being separated from consciousness.
Also, Conor is an incredibly intelligent finisher. Guys like Gray and MJ just go ham as soon as the other guy gets hurt, start winging punches and gas, while Conor just smartly picks his shots until the ref steps in. Just like with MayMac, you don't have to even drop the guy to get a finish.

Wait @Arm Barbarian,

here comes @MescalineDreams with an essay of bullshit on why Conor's the best and isn't ducking anyone....

Conors the best?

hah,no. Who exactly do you think you @'d

I want to see him fight Khabib / Tony just like anyone else.

I just understand that money / negotiations play a factor which may prevent It from happening at the speed we'd like. Of which i would give WME a similar amount of blame for him not fighting sooner. In their defence though, while what Conor is asking for may be reasonable compared to what high level boxers have made for generations, considering the level of star he Is. It's also likely to be greater percentages of revenue than have ever been paid to a ufc fighter. Which is a lengthy negotiation process as one might expect.

I don't fault Conor for holding out, nor have I in the countless disputes / contract negotiations regarding money involving countless other fighters. The UFC has been underpaying fighters for a long time, this has always been my opinion and wouldn't change whether It were Conor or any other fighter.

I don't even disagree with him being stripped. Negotiations are a thing but the show must go on.

you'd be surprised how your views / analysis change and become more rational / balanced and accurate when not blinded by hate( or love for that matter)

The reality here is that some see the bigger picture than others. People like you generalize them as nuthuggers(quite far from the truth), even though in this case they know more about mma than you ever will.

Last edited:
True or false? Opinions don’t magically become facts, unless you’re some delusional modern social justice warrior.

I don't ever recall anybody saying he ducked Frankie besides Frankie fans Edgar stepped aside to let him fight Aldo that only seems like Edgar ducking to be honest. Conor pulling this shit though is another way to fuck over the FW division and get his name out.
WTF? How did Frankie step aside when Mendes vs McGregor was for an interim title?

McGregor's win over Siver (lol) guaranteed him a TS. His fight with Mendes just solidified that point further.

Nate Diaz was a monstrous specimen by comparison so I don't believe Conor cherry-picks smaller opponents. False.

he probably said he would fight but wanted an outrageous amount of money, making the ufc say no and he could say he offered to fight.

20160305102414_GettyImages513969268.JPG

Conor had a size advantage on everyone he beat. Lost twice to someone his own size.

I don't believe he really offered to step in at all.

Dana loves to sing high praises for anything and everything Conor does, he would have definitely said something about this before now if it was true.

"All these people complaining about Conor not fighting, listen you bozos, Conor just offered to step in and fight Frankie on short notice. This guy is a fucking warrior. Unfortunately we couldn't do it because ___ excuse, but Conor was willing and ready."

Conor was a natural 145 that had to balloon up to fight at 155. Frankie is a natural 155 (ex-champ) who had to dehydrate himself to make 145 to reduce the size of his opponents.
Wha
Conor was a natural 145 that had to balloon up to fight at 155. Frankie is a natural 155 (ex-champ) who had to dehydrate himself to make 145 to reduce the size of his opponents.
I hope youre taking the piss..

people are talking about him while he's not fighting ~~~ his tweet worked

i think he just wanted to offer as an late replacement just for the publicity to sound like Nate Diaz when he choked conor out with 10 days notice

its obvious that UFC would never let he take an fight like this without a proper promotion,thats why he made the offer, only someone really delusional can believe that he was actually going to do it for real...

tenor.gif

Conor is from the Trump school of lying, he's not even trying to make it sound plausible.

He sure likes to fight those smaller guys. He has built an entire career off of it. It is not impressive. Beating Tony and Khabib would be an amazing thing but we all know he wants none of that.

He is rich but he is not the best and he will never be seen as an all time great.

Conor only calls out people him and his team think he can beat

He’s a terrible fighter and a terrible person

He's a lying sack of shit. So he's basically saying that he won't fight in HIS division, and defend HIS belt, but instead go down and fight Frankie on short notice. He did it so he would be talked about, he's becoming irrelavent.
I have pity for you. You seem miserable.

He was never ducking Edgar, Edgar is and always was a potential nightmare for McGregor, fighting a guy like that when he was the FW champion could have royally fucked up his hunt for the LW title.

The fight was avoided just in case, not out of fear.

Filthy casuals not realizing this is all a marketing ploy to build up a future fight and maintain relevance.

Back