Travis Fulton net worth?

MMApocalypse

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
After reading the thread about fighting legends, Travis Fulton's name popped in my head. I mean.. he has fought a couple along with the riff raff. I looked him up and noticed he had a couple fights last year and started wondering after all those fights has he even made a million yet? Is he living comfortable? Does he teach at a school? Anyone know?

He's not worth much. Most of his fights are in C level promotion in the Midwest (Iowa) which isn't exactly the mecca of MMA talent.

He's had a lot of fights but he's averaging maybe $1000 a fight + he's been fighting all those fights over the course of 15+ years

Don't get me wrong, he isn't broke but he's not super well off (beating up newbies for a grand and teaching a little on the side isn't going to make you close to a millionaire)

Teaching at a school? Guy has been hit so many times I'd find it hard to believe he can express himself coherently. And it's not like he was ever a wizz at any part of mma.

He's not worth much. Most of his fights are in C level promotion in the Midwest (Iowa) which isn't exactly the mecca of MMA talent.

He's had a lot of fights but he's averaging maybe $1000 a fight + he's been fighting all those fights over the course of 15+ years

C level promotion is an overstatement. I am from Iowa and he has literally fought in backyards/barns, shows you would never see on wikipeida or fight finder.. I think 1000$ is an over estimate on his career as an average. I have seen cards where I would be surprised if the whole payroll was $1,000.

6 pack of beer & a sandwich

He should call out Chael. Get that wwe money.

C level promotion is an overstatement. I am from Iowa and he has literally fought in backyards/barns, shows you would never see on wikipeida or fight finder.. I think 1000$ is an over estimate on his career as an average. I have seen cards where I would be surprised if the whole payroll was $1,000.
Yeah I was overestimating a little bit on purpose (you have to on this site or someone will complain).

I've seen some of his local fights on youtube and they left me shaking my head (basically a sparring session with a small crowd)

200 MMA fights X $500 = $100,000

100 MMA fights X $1,000 = $100,000

50 unreported MMA fights X $250 = $12,500

30 boxing fights X 1,000 = $30,000

My guess is $242,500 for total purse. He had sponsors on a few occasions. Since he rarely trained or had a manager at least his expenses were down. Never really got hurt, though the Arlovski kick was pretty nasty.

i mean this in the nicest way possible, but travis fulton could have made a billion by now, hes still going to have to get someone to spoon soup into his mouth when hes older because of all that trauma.

No way he is a millionaire...he has made about 300k fighting and that is throughout 15 years. That is averaging well less than 30k a fight, literally in poverty.

A guy that fights as much as he does probably isn't rolling in dough.

Riff Raff on the other hand...

3tout407RiffRaff.jpg

im pretty sure this guy is why black people think white people are retarted.. mind you riff raff seems more intelligent then i thought he would upon first sight..

Yeah I was overestimating a little bit on purpose (you have to on this site or someone will complain).

I've seen some of his local fights on youtube and they left me shaking my head (basically a sparring session with a small crowd)

I get that. For some people on here who have just seen bigger shows, it's probably hard to fathom so I wanted to clairify.

Yeah, that type of show happened a lot around there from 95 until the late 2000s. It was so unregulated and really had a sideshow quality to it. I was at a show where my dumb 19 year old friend got RNC'd in a strip club by someone who weighed more than 100 pounds than him. He had not trained and signed up to fight that night. Fulton was on Inside MMA and admitted to fighting such opponents too. Some of which were intoxicated.

had a manager at least his expenses were down.

He actually did have a manager. He did an interview with Travis back in 2009. His manager used to sign up bums from the crowd for Travis. You are right about training expenses though. He was a show up and fight type of fighter for most of his career by his own admission. There was some natural talent there and a good chin, it is a wonder how far he could have gone if he took it really seriously.

And for the TS, track down the Inside MMA piece on him. He seems to be living a regular blue collar life in rural Iowa.

About 200$ per fight and dinner for him and Rory Prazak*

*beer is NOT complimentary for the fighters

If I remember right, Fulton drove a truck for a living and fighting was never his main source of income. He then started establishing rental property. Fighting was just supplemental income. He even talked about how easy it was to earn $500-$1k just to beat up some guy at a joke of a local show.

Back