Travel Back In Time and Attend One Boxing Match live?

Uptown Swinger

--⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆- ✡ -⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆--
@Black
Reaction score
If you could Travel Back In Time and Attend One Boxing Match live which would it be and why? Post a pic.

Because it was 2 undefeated HW champions fighting for the title in MSG.

BLOG123.jpg

Louis-Schmeling II or Duran-Leonard 1 for me.

just one? can't do it, sorry.

Cotto Mosley. Mosley was always one of my favorites and after watching that fight Cotto became a favorite.

Something like Johnson vs. Jeffries or another one of those early 20th century bouts. The little footage that exists from that time is so poor, I'd love to be able to get a glimpse in person.

Damn that's a good question, TS. Usually threads are recycled this one is original so I gotta think about it for a minute.

I bust Greb and his fans' balls a lot but in all honesty I would probably go back and watch him just to say I've seen him. The fight that he beat Tunney's ass in. Don't remember which fight that was but I think that would be my first pick. First fight of their's, looked it up. Two legends back in the day, wear a straw hat and not seem gay. Smoke a few cigars. Talk like they did in the black and white movies. I love it.

Maybe a Dempsey fight when he was the King too.

I'd probably pick a Sugar Ray Robinson fight. Plus if I recall a number of his fights there is no footage of and since he is often considered the best ever it would be worth choosing to see.

I'd probably pick a Sugar Ray Robinson fight. Plus if I recall a number of his fights there is no footage of and since he is often considered the best ever it would be worth choosing to see.
Yeah 147 SRR would be pretty dope. Another one I'd put up there. A Joe Louis fight and a Jack Johnson fight as well. I'd be the only white guy rooting for Jack and trying not to get killed by 50k angry whites would be an experience in and of itself.

Plus if I'm going back in time I don't really die, do I? I just wake up back in present times?

@Uptown Swinger I need answers on that last part.

Yeah 147 SRR would be pretty dope. Another one I'd put up there. A Joe Louis fight and a Jack Johnson fight as well. I'd be the only white guy rooting for Jack and trying not to get killed by 50k angry whites would be an experience in and of itself.

Plus if I'm going back in time I don't really die, do I? I just wake up back in present times?

Lol... I didnt think that part through.
Yeah if you die you wake up in the present as if it were a bad dream.

i say it's hard because my curiosity would make me really want to see the mysterious fights before cameras gave us good footage. but i guess i'll say frazier ali 1, even Bruce Lee had a ticket for that one, I never found out if he actually made it there or not.

ya, good choice with srr, being as we have so little footage of him at his peak, you have to wonder what people were thinking not filming him.

Hearns vs haglar. 2 of my all time favourites in one of the great fights. Id still be gutted to see the hitman lose though

Thrilla in Manilla. Hearing the thuds, the taunting and the ending from ringside. Fascinating stuff.

Back