Travel Back In Time and Attend One Boxing Match live?

Seeing Greb would be interesting. Particularly Greb vs Walker or Greb vs Tunney. Some historians think Greb is the best fighter of all time and there is no footage of him, obvious choice for those reasons.

Sugar Ray Leonard vs Duran would be fascinating from ringside. The footage of that fight is kind of shit.

Barrera vs Morales 1 because its Barrera vs Morales 1.

something I think about a lot is what old fights would look like with modern day production value and camera angles (cameraman on ring apron, at distance, etc.). I think Leonard vs Duran would be so much more interesting if there were close up shots of those punches landing.

Tito vs Vargas
Good fight but why?
I watched it with my dad on PPV

and it is just one of those fights that bring back such good memories. Who would have thought Trinidad would come out and fucking decimate Vargas within seconds. Who would have thought that Vargas would come back drop Tito and take over for a few of the middle rounds.

Everything you'd want in a fight - skills, power, heart, brutality. Would have been insane to see live (in person).

St Valentines day massacre

Sugar Ray Robinson vs Jake LaMotta

Broner vs Maidana, hell I'd live Groundhog day on that day for the rest of my life.

Or Ali vs Wepner

Duran 1, Rumble in the Jungle, and maybe a Greb fight are my picks in order of preference. Then JMM-Pac 2 which is my favorite fight overall, but one I can see in HD and has less of a historical component.

St Valentines day massacre

Sugar Ray Robinson vs Jake LaMotta

This.

Gatti Ward or Hearns/Hagler.

I'd have loved to have seen Prime Tyson but didnt want to waste my 1 chance at time travel for a 2 minute fight

So many, many awesome choices here.

I'd add Pryor vs Arguello I to it, just 'cos it's such an insane fight, & maybe Hearns vs Leonard I... Even though both would've broke my heart.

Back