Transgender wrestler Mack Beggs wins Texas girls title again

How about he/she isn't allowed to wrestle at competitions. It doesn't matter why you're on TRT, if you're on TRT, you have an unfair advantage and shouldn't be allowed in.

If he/she really wants to wrestle competitively, he/she should try to get the rule changed for the boys division, otherwise you can't wrestle.

Your transgender "rights" shouldn't trump everyone else's right to compete in a level playing field. He/she isn't special and if his/her circumstances means he/she can't wrestle, then he/she can't wrestle.

It really sucks that transgendered boys should have to choose between competing in athletics and getting hormone therapy, with its enormous proven health benefits, but I don't see any way around it. With current testing regimes, it seems unworkable.

On the other hand, I think we can all agree that allowing him to dope and forcing him to compete against girls is the worst possible decision, regardless of whether his Mother, Texas, or both are to blame.

That's a fair argument.

It's just that Texas is being more of a pussy about this than the kid, refusing to make special allowances due to little more than "tradition." So what if a girl wants to wrestle boys? It's a better unfairness than leaving a transgender boy in the girls' division where apparently he's going to smoke everyone.

Dissenters like to think this is going to change everything --like maybe a wedge of cheese is gonna be state champion down the line -- and that's hilarious. The institution of Texas wrestling will not be felled by one single person, and to stand in the way of a young athlete's dreams is pussy ass shit.

O8cagzgqTS-12.png

This is in your article

"McNew and Mack's grandmother, Nancy Beggs, said they and Euless Trinity officials have consistently been told by the UIL that Mack's only avenue to compete was in the girls division.

Nancy Beggs estimated that she has communicated at least a dozen times with UIL officials during the last 18 months, including twice early this season, without being told or hinted to that Mack might have a path to compete against males."
Mcnew said the family didn't ask....in the second article I linked. She said it...not me.

To me there seems to be two simple solutions to this problem.

Firstly, the existence of sex-separated sports is inherently acknowledging that there are differences between sexes and that there is a belief that for one reason or another, males and females should be separated in competition.

If you are born a female, you should be competing against females, because regardless of what you identify as, you have the physiology of the female sex, and visa versa.

If you are born a female and undergoing therapy to become a male, first and foremost it needs to be determined if this therapy is within whatever banned PED testing goes on in sport. If the therapy falls within the definition of something that is banned from use, one simple solution is that you should not be allowed to compete period.

A second, more lenient solution would be that there be an analysis of sex-change therapies to judge whether or not a female undergoing therapy to become a male is
1. based on the criteria by which "males and females should be separated in competition", more fit to compete against males rather than females.
2. This therapy does not give a female transitioning to a male an unfair advantage against natural males.

If those criteria are met, then a female transitioning to a male should be allowed to compete against males.

Same would apply in the alternate condition. Then it comes down to really defining why "males and females should be separated in competition." If hypothetically males are inherently better at a given sport than females, and the reason for separation of sexes is to give females a platform to compete amongst females, then a male transitioning to a female would not satisfy condition 1, in that she would not be more fit to compete against females than males.

Check out my interview with him

8:40. Mack says we never asked UIL if we can compete with the boys.
UIL gave them the rules and they left it at that. Never filed a petition. File a petition and if denied then say....I tried my best to switch and they said no. Instead you say I want to wrestle boys but can't.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Mcnew said the family didn't ask....in the second article I linked. She said it...not me.

Well you posted one article where it says they asked a dozen times including twice this year and the other says they didn't ask because the law was ironclad but they way it's written lead me to believe that meant a formal petition wasn't filed.

Chael, Vitor and Hendo used TRT. Vitor and Hendo because of declining test due to age and Chael had it for health reasons if I'm remembering correctly.

They got denied by USADA from using TRT and either had to fight without it or not fight at all. Did they make a plea for their "rights"? No and their concerns are for physical health which holds more weight than something mental like transgenderism.

I wonder what the girls that had to compete against this individual, think about this situation?

Has anyone even asked their opinion?

Love how there's sit-out rules when you transfer schools but not genders

Well you posted one article where it says they asked a dozen times including twice this year and the other says they didn't ask because the law was ironclad but they way it's written lead me to believe that meant a formal petition wasn't filed.
It gets confusing...In the live interview that @Megatronlee put up the kid says they never even asked. Filing a petition doesn't take that much time and isn't that hard. If the law was ironclad then they would be told no and they did all that they could to get into the division they really wanted. They didn't do that.

I wonder what the girls that had to compete against this individual, think about this situation?

Has anyone even asked their opinion?
Do to the number of forfeits in state tournaments the past 2 years I would assume that a lot of girls don't like it.

Yeah, this one is tough. He wanted to wrestle the boys, but was not allowed.

However, if he's on hormone treatments, he should be disqualified for cheating.
I am sure he can get a tue for his hormone therapy. I dont see this as a blatant attempt to cheat.

I am sure he can get a tue for his hormone therapy. I dont see this as a blatant attempt to cheat.

It's not an attempt to cheat, and I get that, but it does provide an inherent and irrevocable chemical advantage.

It's not an attempt to cheat, and I get that, but it does provide an inherent and irrevocable chemical advantage.
Yes. In the girls division. In the boys division, where he wanted to compete, would be interesting to watch.

Back