Social Toy Collectors Thread

552486e2-68a1-44f9-9037-45b8a2d75745.jpg

Retro Marvel Hercules is on sale at BigBad today.

552486e2-68a1-44f9-9037-45b8a2d75745.jpg

Retro Marvel Hercules is on sale at BigBad today.

Already got 2 of these , one opened, one closed up . Probably one of my favourite figures .

Got my Ken Street Fighter turn up today , hopefully Chun Li , Bison and Dhalsim follow shortly.

And nerdy but not toy specific, found Pez/Candy dispensers of Asterix/Obelix/Dogmatix yesterday.

e894e5fc359dfda0ce09e003dacac61d_1000x.jpeg

So of course I picked those up...only for my daughter to give me a parcel today containing the same three Asterix Pez dispensers.... packaging was slightly different on hers and prettier than mine...

Last edited:
Amazon as seller has MCU Kingpin (too skinny) for $8.94. I paid full price for this.

Seems retro fat Kingpin cartoon version is offered again, but not sure if I already ordered one. Might be confusing with fellow large fig Rhino.

Amazon as seller has MCU Kingpin (too skinny) for $8.94. I paid full price for this.

Seems retro fat Kingpin cartoon version is offered again, but not sure if I already ordered one. Might be confusing with fellow large fig Rhino.

I was surprised when Black Cat retro popped up in the UK a month ago. Would love 2 Kingpin, 1 open , one closed.

Just looked on Entertainment Earth. $ 161 for 2 figures to ship to the UK or £131 . Bit too steep . Shame.

Sold out on Bigbadtoystore . Darn.

Last edited:
Nice collection. Xenogears is my favorite RPG. It's one of the few games from this era that I think would actually benefit from a remake, mostly due to the amount of content that got cut due to budget constraints.

I've been taking some pictures of my game collection. Figured I'd post some after teasing it earlier.

Consoles. I believe that they're all CIB except the PS1, which is missing its controller and paperwork. Also pretty sure that the NES is missing a controller but it hasn't been opened in ~30 years and I've been too busy to open each box for detailed pics.
View attachment 1038097

Gameboy. All CIB, and the FF and GnG games are so good that they might actually be worth grading.
View attachment 1038098

Nintendo 64. I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure they're all CIB, but some might not have all the inserts (and there's the obvious loosies).
View attachment 1038099

Playstation 1. The Tales of Destiny 1 was bought used back in the day and is missing its manual, which sucks. At least the ToD2 is complete with inserts ($$$).
View attachment 1038100

I was surprised when Black Cat retro popped up in the UK a month ago. Would love 2 Kingpin, 1 open , one closed.

Just looked on Entertainment Earth. $ 161 for 2 figures to ship to the UK or £131 . Bit too steep . Shame.

Sold out on Entertainment Earth. Darn.
I prefer the white suit one from the BAF. Who knows what Hasbro will announce on the 4/15 livestream.

In the meantime, I have a Kingpin head on the Joe Fixit BAF for a slimmer but still thick Kingpin. Mr. Hyde BAF's hands are on the Joe Fixit.

Sold out on Entertainment Earth. Darn.

I got you bruv!

09ab585dcf444115b95a0ba686aeeaa6lg.jpg

The webpage I see says it's still up for pre-order. Good luck.

I got you bruv!

09ab585dcf444115b95a0ba686aeeaa6lg.jpg

The webpage I see says it's still up for pre-order. Good luck.

Yea, it is but the shipping with the figures is too much - $161 for two figures.

It's out of stock for preorder on Bigbadtoystore, I typed entertainment earth by mistake - as you said, they have the preorder up for it still....

I even costed it up if I got it delivered to a friend in the US and he forwards it but the postage is still pricey..

Just ordered the exclusive Hasbro Wasp and Giant Man/Pym two pack .

There's loads of stuff I want at the moment ( don't mention the retro Kingpin please )but Wasp/Pym are only on the Hasbro site and most of the rest of the stuff is on multiple sites so hopefully I'll be able to pick them up.

Still waiting on 2 or 3 Street Fighter figures and 2 Marvel ones , Vision and Havok .

Screenshot_20240414_173250_Photos.jpg

Got the final 3 pieces in the mail this week. Db, Eb and F#

I started this collection in 2014 as far as I can tell from my email records.

How hard are they to learn to play?
It's a weird learning curve.

There is some stuff that might be intuitive to some people that could sound pretty sweet right out of the gate.

But to try to do anything even inter mediate ish levels is going to require control over bends and air flow/breathing techniques .... which was lot harder than learning similar riffs/melodies on other instruments in my opinion.

There are no missing notes on guitar or piano that you have to learn a cheat code (bending, overblows, valve bends, etc)

The instrument is specific to certain keys, so switching keys is for the most part* just switching harmonicas.

Lots of fun to play and very expressive, in my obviously very biased opinion.

Last edited:

Some good stuff in this Hasbro Pulse. I'm liking that Superior Spider-Man and that Ghost Rider! :eek:

Some good stuff in this Hasbro Pulse. I'm liking that Superior Spider-Man and that Ghost Rider! :eek:

Not watched it yet, seen photos of the releases .

Iron Fist is on my list. Shame he comes with Power Man dressed like that , I'd have liked the chain belt version....

Some of the iron man releases are on my list already, She -hulk, Whiplash.

And I don't remember that version of Ghost Rider but ....fuck that is sick.

Not do I recognise that Carol Danvers figure but that looks good too.

Not watched it yet, seen photos of the releases .

Iron Fist is on my list. Shame he comes with Power Man dressed like that , I'd have liked the chain belt version....

Some of the iron man releases are on my list already, She -hulk, Whiplash.

And I don't remember that version of Ghost Rider but ....fuck that is sick.

Not do I recognise that Carol Danvers figure but that looks good too.
HOLY SHIT!! I wasn't expecting it to be the comic accurate Whiplash. He's one of my favorite "C" list villains ever. I might have to pop for him.

Leaning towards waiting for cheap Black Fri for Iron Fist (finally!) and modern Luke Cage. I still remember pre-ordering Gray Hulk & Bruce Banner for full price only to see it damn cheap later. Still salty for paying thru the nose for Pulse exclusive cell shaded Daredevil and unwanted Hydro-Man. I'm waiting for cheap original Wonder Woman head band Luke Cage.

Okay guys....

So I went shopping in a supermarket yesterday and walking down the frozen fish section I see packs of fish fingers saying " Buy 2 packs get a free Bird's Eye Captain Playmobil figure"

Bird's Eye is a big brand over here/Europe and the "Captain" is a well known trademark /advertisement.

So me being a very mature sensible adult looked at the packet and decided that buying frozen breaded fish sticks x 2 to get a toy figure would be a very silly and immature thing to do.

Anyway, it should be here in the next 2 months.

playmobil-fish-fingers-full-1024x1024.jpg

What also made me smile is that I was chatting about it with a nerd friend of mine...who then messaged me back with a photo showing he'd also gone out, bought the food and sent off for the figure .....

I hope you folks got your Spiderman orders in.... showing as sold out already...

If what I read is correct, Ghost rider and cycle is $49.99 which seems decent.

Last edited:
Back