Toronto Council proposes ban on handguns

To my Canadian brothers and sisters:

Don't give up a single gun, don't give up a single bullet. If you give the gun grabbers an inch, they always take a mile.

In most social interaction, one's refusal to comply is often all that is necessary to change the dynamic of the interaction. It worked here in the United States, and it can work for you as well.

It's an extremely difficult thing to do since all the handguns are registered. Police will have no choice but to arrest you if you don't let them confiscate your property.

All the unregistered stuff is another story.

It's nice to know that some states in the US will hold out for a very long time against progressive liberals.

Registration inevitably leads to confiscation.

Restricted guns rose, prohibited decreased (based off those graphs).

Like to me personally I wouldn't give a fuck, because I hate guns and have no intention of ever owning one. But I hate this Canadian political tactic of punishing decent, law-abiding citizens to make it look like they're doing something about the problems created by the criminals that our "justice" system coddles. The main reason we're having all these gang problems now is because most of the pieces of shit doing the shooting should be locked up already (or in a lot of cases, deported) but our pathetic system cares more for them than victims. It's not gonna get better.
That’s because you haven’t ever needed one. It only takes once for you to learn your lesson. It also only takes once for you & your family to be raped & murdered while you sit there & watch because you didn’t believe in self defense. You’re ingnorant, but most people are until they experience a real life situation when your life or the life of others is in danger. Believe it or not guns do save people.

Criminals love people who are gun free. Make yourself an easy target if that’s what you want.

That’s because you haven’t ever needed one. It only takes once for you to learn your lesson. It also only takes once for you & your family to be raped & murdered while you sit there & watch because you didn’t believe in self defense. You’re ingnorant, but most people are until they experience a real life situation when your life or the life of others is in danger. Believe it or not guns do save people.

Criminals love people who are gun free. Make yourself an easy target if that’s what you want.

<escalate99>

You seem upset at me personally, like I'm advocating for this. I'm not and my post made it clear I don't agree with city council and I find this to be typical Canadian political bullshit. You seem overly sensitive. I'm not coming to take your guns or anyone else's.

Cheers to this. If registration was only used to better enforce laws against straw purchases (“legal” guy buying a gun to hand off for cash to illegal to own person) I’d support it. But every time. Every damn time. It sets the precedent to take “scary" guns from perfectly legal weapons holders.

Last edited:
Ban all handguns just as st
"Federal Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale says the Trudeau government will consider the increasing calls for a ban on handguns, an idea endorsed by Toronto council after a mass shooting that shook Canada’s largest city this week."

This is great to hear. I hope it goes through.

1/2 of the guns used for criminal activity in Toronto are coming from Canada and not the US. Many were purchased legally and then sold to criminals.

Full article below:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...nsider-torontos-proposed-handgun-ban-goodale/
Not surprised though but doesn't much matter we aren't allowed to defend ourselves anyways.
Keep blaming guns and ignoring the shooters

Anyways
Fuck Toronto

To my Canadian brothers and sisters:

Don't give up a single gun, don't give up a single bullet. If you give the gun grabbers an inch, they always take a mile.

In most social interaction, one's refusal to comply is often all that is necessary to change the dynamic of the interaction. It worked here in the United States, and it can work for you as well.
Didn't work for the Bundy's too well in the long term, did it?

I don't mean to derail, but you invited that with you carte blanche "it worked here in the United States." I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. We've given inches. We just haven't given the right inches.

This ban is so profoundly stupid it hurts me head. They can see what's happening with Chicago and Indiana. City bans are just liberals trying to take that inch with no plan, but to eventually get the mile when it doesn't work.

It's an extremely difficult thing to do since all the handguns are registered. Police will have no choice but to arrest you if you don't let them confiscate your property.

All the unregistered stuff is another story.

It's nice to know that some states in the US will hold out for a very long time against progressive liberals.

Anything registered with the government isn't really your property.

There's only one reason the government would ever insist or desire a registration:

So they can collect the registered item should they need or want it.

I can see only one solution for the registered gun owners of Canada:

"The first annual Canadian registered gun owner Lake fishing Invitational!"

At that point every registered Canadian gun owner has a simultaneous "unfortunate boating accident". Tragically, so many guns will go missing that day. It will go down as a day that will bring about many chuckles and sly grins throughout the bars and homesteads of Canada.

(All in jest, of course <Lmaoo>)

Good call. The proposed ban would have made this already illegal gun even more illegal. Add one more layer of illegality and criminals, or nut jobs, wouldn't dare break the law. It is known.

Do you have a source to support this? Because it frankly sounds ridiculous.

Anyway, Canadians, please fight this. Stand by your God given rights to self preservation.

Handguns are pretty much only owned by collectors (and criminals) here. The home defense fantasy isn't really a thing in Canada (nearly like it is down south, anyway) and I don't know anyone who owns guns for anything but hunting. The only person I know with a handgun is a buddy of mine. He has a Desert Eagle 0.44 Magnum, but he's a rancher who inherited it from his dead dad and he lives in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere. Fun to shoot, though.

"Federal Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale says the Trudeau government will consider the increasing calls for a ban on handguns, an idea endorsed by Toronto council after a mass shooting that shook Canada’s largest city this week."

1/2 of the guns used for criminal activity in Toronto are coming from Canada and not the US. Many were purchased legally and then sold to criminals.

Full article below:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...nsider-torontos-proposed-handgun-ban-goodale/

Next up proposal to force husbands to let any dude fuck their wives AKA going Full Swede
hqdefault.jpg

All sorts of reasons . . .

Personal protection
Collector
Participant in shooting competitions
Some can be used for hunting
Just because . . .
Here, we can only legally own handguns for collection or target shooting.
There have recently been a couple of high profile trials wherein the defendant killed with a handgun and claimed self defence, and got acquitted.

Anything registered with the government isn't really your property.

There's only one reason the government would ever insist or desire a registration:

So they can collect the registered item should they need or want it.

I can see only one solution for the registered gun owners of Canada:

"The first annual Canadian registered gun owner Lake fishing Invitational!"

At that point every registered Canadian gun owner has a simultaneous "unfortunate boating accident". Tragically, so many guns will go missing that day. It will go down as a day that will bring about many chuckles and sly grins throughout the bars and homesteads of Canada.

(All in jest, of course <Lmaoo>)
Lol
I like it, only in order for this to work you'd have to get the lake designated as a legal range, or have every attendee apply for a specific authorization to transport to a cabin on the lake. Would love to see the faces in the CFOs office that week.

Handguns are pretty much only owned by collectors (and criminals) here. The home defense fantasy isn't really a thing in Canada (nearly like it is down south, anyway) and I don't know anyone who owns guns for anything but hunting. The only person I know with a handgun is a buddy of mine. He has a Desert Eagle 0.44 Magnum, but he's a rancher who inherited it from his dead dad and he lives in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere. Fun to shoot, though.

<JagsKiddingMe>

You obviously don't go to the range often. Plenty of people target shoot with pistols. Many competition shooters use pistols.

I have a pistol (M&P) and plan on buying a few more. Of course the liberals want to ruin all of that.

Strong and free eh?

By the way home defense is not a fantasy here. Plenty of Canadians want to be able to defend their homes and family from shit heads without being hassled.

Here, we can only legally own handguns for collection or target shooting.
There have recently been a couple of high profile trials wherein the defendant killed with a handgun and claimed self defence, and got acquitted.

That's why I'm going for my 14.5" 590a1 if scum tries to get in. Don't have to worry about fiddling around with a trigger lock either. Not the best gun to use but better than nothing....

mossberg_51681.jpg

Fuckin libs...

I would be happy if guns weren't allowed at all in Canada except for very rare circumstances that would allow someone to own a single shot bolt action rifle.

I know that will never happen. So any laws that make it harder to own a gun of any sort works for me.

No reason for civilians to own handguns.
Good thing you don't make the rules.

I shoot pistols recreationally, which to the federal government, is more than enough reason to own a handgun.

Full article below:

Let's say the government bans the sale and manufacture of all tobacco products tomorrow. The 3 big manufacturers in Canada have no choice but to comply and they shut down and leave town. Does the smoking incidence in Canada all of a sudden drop to zero? Of course not, part of the demand is already being filled by contraband product (roughly 30% in ON btw), the criminal element behind that distribution is simply going to push their operation into overdrive to meet the demand that's now up for grabs.

The same logic applies here. The ban won't affect the criminals, at least not in the long term. Canada has strong and strict gun laws for legal owners already. I might support increased penalties for people caught reselling handguns they legally purchased (e.g. guaranteed jail time), but a ban won't do shit to solve the problem it's aimed at.

I can support dropping the hammer on the handful of idiots, dumb enough to illegally resell their registered, restricted firearms, but that's it. How about we trade that for getting back implied ATTs, which we should have never lost in the first place.

Canada would have to become a hardcore police state (cameras everywhere and all that too) to get all the illegal guns already here and have ridiculous border security where every car, truck, boat and plane is thoroughly searched.

Back