Top MMA Strikers vs World Class Strikers

The ref constantly breaking up the clinch. In MMA the ref doesn't break up the clinch unless they've been against the cage doing nothing for ages. A fighter like Thongchai would just lock on and its game over unless his opponent can break free and can manage to KO thong before thong clinches back up again but it's unlikely.
TS said "In a striking match"

I'd also like to add a question: is there a world class muay thai fighter or kickboxer who has transitioned to a major MMA circuit like UFC or Bellator and found some success? Overeem doesn't count.

joanna_jedrzejczyk_belts.jpg

92791.jpg

Womens Straw and Bantam are too shallow. Holm, Shevchenko, Joana and Karolina are successful kickboxers who transitioned, but haven't faced MMA strikers like Lomachenko would face Cruz or Dillashaw, for instance.

Who are the best strikers around in your opinion.. Stephen Thompson giorgio petrosyan, tyrone spong, Conor Mcgregor, Rico Verhoeven, Stipe Miocic, Cody G I mean i think there are legit strikers involved in mma who could compete vs the top notch guys in Kickboxing, Dont forget Stipe already knocked out Alisitar Overeen. With Mcgregors power he would be like Overreem at leightweight he might be down on the scorecard but it only takes 1. Specifically Venom Page, WB and Mcgregor would do well in striking matches vs anyone at there weight who kickboxes

Junior Dos Santos / Mark Hunt / Miocic / Aldo

I'd also like to add a question: is there a world class muay thai fighter or kickboxer who has transitioned to a major MMA circuit like UFC or Bellator and found some success? Overeem doesn't count.
You have Paul Daley, Mark Hunt a few people who have had success in K1 and MMA, i think the gloves make a huge difference with those mma gloves a guy like wonderboy is more effective because he avoids all incoming strikes vs taking that risk a punch might slip through the defense with those small gloves. Imo Mcgregor vs someone like giorgio or robin van rooseman would be more about the gloves and rules then about skill

Why doesn't Overeem count?

Is there a top striker in MMA that doesn't have their style partly or mostly rooted in MT/kickboxing?

Back