Top 5 PED cheats in UFC history?

Barnett and Chael. This is assuming we're calling guys on what they were actually caught with.

Cyroid easily

Dude essentially changed genders from the amount of roids he-she used.

Still amazed at the fact Guyborg is allowed to fight women, weird.

Surprised Belfort barely mentioned.

TRT was literally banned because of him

He was either never tested or never caught though, so can he be considered a cheater?
Most likely never tested. Nevada only started testing around UFC 34, and they even gave Barnett a warning the first time because they hadn't tested them before. Kerr went to Pride after UFC 15, and we know they not only didn't test, but actively encouraged some fighters to use drugs.

His record stands, as some orgs he fought in may have never had testing in play, his actions can not be recognized as cheating. Morally wrong but as he was never reprimanded for illegal or foul activity, it can't be classified as cheating.

Fair point, but implying that SOME orgs he fought in didn't test for PEDs as your reasoning as to why he can't be classified as a cheater is pretty thin. Again, just because you didn't get caught doesn't mean you're not cheating.

I see where you're coming from but your argument is along the same lines as "Just because I robbed banks and stole their money and didn't get caught, it doesn't mean that I technically did anything illegal." Maybe it was just money laundering an no one was looking for missing cash then right?

The fact that he has come out and confirmed what many people suspected completely dissolves any need for a reason to defend the guy. He admits it so there's no need to pretend that it never happened.

Last edited:
Fair point, but implying that SOME orgs he fought in didn't test for PEDs as your reasoning as to why he can't be classified as a cheater is pretty thin. Again, just because you didn't get caught doesn't mean you're not cheating.

I see where you're coming from but your argument is along the same lines as "Just because I robbed banks and stole their money and didn't get caught, it doesn't mean that I technically did anything illegal." Maybe it was just money laundering an no one was looking for missing cash then right?

The fact that he has come out and confirmed what many people suspected completely dissolves any need for a reason to defend the guy. He admits it so there's no need to pretend that it never happened.
No I'm not saying that at all, if there are are no laws/rules in place to stop, prohibit or ban an athlete from using the substances at the time how is it cheating or illegal? All the competitors had the option of going this route without any repercussions. It would be like saying because soccer kicks are illegal now, fights that ended in that method back in the day should be ruled otherwise. It is a slippery slope you are trying to climb.

Last edited:
1.Barnett biggest hypocrite and roider
2. bork lesnar even his biggest fan knows about the needles
3. horsereem
4. sonnen cuz he admited to sticking needles where he shouldnt
5. anderson

No I'm not saying that at all, if there are are no laws/rules in place to stop, prohibit or ban an athlete from using the substances at the time how is it cheating or illegal? All the competitors had the option of going this route without any repercussions. It would be like saying because soccer kicks are illegal now, fights that ended in that method back in the day should be ruled otherwise. It is a slippery slope you are trying to climb.

Your whole argument is based off of the fact that he fought for UFC and PRIDE prior to one beginning to test for PEDs and the fact that another openly encouraged a fighter to take PEDS. He has fought for orgs who certainly have tested for PEDs so your point is moot. Just because there were certain rules and regulations not in place for two major orgs that he fought for at the time doesn't mean he didn't cheat. If you watch his documentary he tells the viewer that he was on roids his entire career, meaning the times he fought under orgs which did test. Also, it's not like they were trying to hide the fact that they used soccer kicks. They were in the rules, roids never were.

So going by your original post then Kerr has to be at least top 5 because he has never been caught right? Or should Jones be excluded from the list because he denies taking PEDs even though he was busted...

So if a fighter makes their way through their whole career using performance enhancing drugs and is never caught, what does that make them? A cheater that has never been caught.

Last edited:
lol remember the times when people got banned for fighter bashing on these boards?

Nothing wrong with stating the obvious. a cheat is a cheat but some take it to another level in threads like these.

nah. Barnett should be no 1...
...and I would place Sylvia, BJ, Sherk, Machida, Cyborg in front of Overeem, as all of these guys were champs, while Overeem was not.

At least we can all agree on one thing in this thread - that Jon Jones is #1.

nah. Barnett should be no 1...
...and I would place Sylvia, BJ, Sherk, Machida, Cyborg in front of Overeem, as all of these guys were champs, while Overeem was not.
MACHIDA?! MACHIDA??!?!?!!

For taking 7-keto-dhea which does virtually NOTHING and actually reporting it to USADA himself?!
<{cruzshake}>

lol remember the times when people got banned for fighter bashing on these boards?

Nothing wrong with stating the obvious. a cheat is a cheat but some take it to another level in threads like these.
It’s been YEARS since I saw anyone dubed for fighter bashing, seems it not really a rule anymore

The best PED cheats are the ones that don't get caught. I'll go with George "Armstrong" St Pierre. The ones mentioned in the OP got caught with $70 street drugs. They're more like the worst PED cheats ever.

MACHIDA?! MACHIDA??!?!?!!

For taking 7-keto-dhea which does virtually NOTHING and actually reporting it to USADA himself?!
<{cruzshake}>
So we are all chemists for USADA now?
Machida got 18 months, while others got 6-12 months. Why would you believe Machida is telling the truth, when USADA punished him harder than the others? USADA didn't believe it.

I have Gracie as a higher ranked fighter than Coleman, Barnett and Sonnen and for such a high profile athlete and legend of the sport to get popped I put him in the top 5, Barnett, Coleman and Sonnen could be honorable mentions though.

Also when Royce got caught he had some Ridiculously MASSIVE DOSE OF DECA DURABOLIN in his system.

He must of had a terrible time with his joints to use That Much deca getting ready for MattH. He definitely got the Deca Dick

So we are all chemists for USADA now?
Machida got 18 months, while others got 6-12 months. Why would you believe Machida is telling the truth, when USADA punished him harder than the others? USADA didn't believe it.
Didn't believe WHAT exactly?

Others got 6-12 months because they played the "tainted supplement" game and got away with it. Machida openly admitted to taking the banned substance and got smacked with the maximum penalty.

Back