Top-5 most influental and main cities today in the world?

I feel like Berlin has surpassed Paris in a lot of ways over the past couple of decades.
As someone who hasn't been to either city, I agree totally.

I think if we're talking modern era you could easily put Berlin over Paris. I'm also not quite sure Tokyo still deserves to be there over Beijing or Seoul.

lol, New York being top 5 in all of history.
it absolutely is. The first stop for immigration to the new world which essentially became the most powerful nation the world has ever seen. The economic capital of the world, and likely the most well known city on Earth. Just because it's not as old as the other historical cities doesn't diminish it's historical importance

Paris is kinda like a museum now. Obviously it's a popular tourist destination, but I'm not sure how influential it is.

NY, London, Shanghai or Beijing maybe?, DC, Moscow?

all good choices in the opening post. it's not a city, but if we're talking influential, you have to include the silicon valley. it's comprised of a bunch of small cities, but the silicon valley is where most of the world's money is, and where lots of world-changing decisions are made.

I was also going to say Boston for similar reasons. Not as much Money as like Palo Alto, but there is a TON of tech research and development that goes on in the Boston area that affects people in ways they don't even realize.

NYC
LA
San Francisco
London
Boise

it absolutely is. The first stop for immigration to the new world which essentially became the most powerful nation the world has ever seen. The economic capital of the world, and likely the most well known city on Earth. Just because it's not as old as the other historical cities doesn't diminish it's historical importance
When you talk about the entire history of the world, age matters.

Lol at anyone putting LA

1. New York
2. London
3. Tokyo
4. Shanghai
5. Paris

Here are my TOP 5

1. SHENZHEN
2. HONG KONG
3. BEIJING
4. SHANGHAI
5. TOKYO