gegard
Gastelum
Leben
Souza
Franklin
Sonnen
Marquardt
in no particular order

185lb Vitor is hit or miss for the top 20. Should not be counting 205lb fights.

Hendo at #2 is as solid as Anderson at #1. There should be no debate on that
Post Hendo's MW record as I bet many do not know the line between his MW and LHW fights and are crediting him with both, which should not happen for the purposes of this thread.

Post Hendo's MW record as I bet many do not know the line between his MW and LHW fights and are crediting him with both, which should not happen for the purposes of this thread.
I don't see why we shouldn't count his wins in weight classes above. He was so good that he could fight LHWs and HWs. He didn't confine himself to 185 because he constantly seeked higher challenges. Can we really hold that against him? No other MW besides Anderson or Machida could beat LHWs and HWs like Hendo did

This site advertises a hybrid of ELO, computerized and subjective "i know it when i see it" rankings:

a computerized rating system that attempts to capture un-biased “popular thought” and combine it with prediction-based analysis.​

i've got some gripes but a list without minor gripes simply doesn't exist. all in all it's not bad. i'd go with it.

(that being said, when i saw Weidman #2 i figured it hadn't been updated in awhile....)

Middleweight
Rank Fighter
1 Anderson Silva
2 Chris Weidman
3 Luke Rockhold
4 Dan Henderson
5 Michael Bisping
6 Nate Marquardt
7 Rich Franklin
8 Chael Sonnen
9 Ronaldo Souza
10 Murilo Bustamante
11 Gegard Mousasi
12 Yushin Okami
13 Paulo Filho
14 Kiuma Kunioku
15 Matt Lindland
16 Ricardo Almeida
17 Kazuo Misaki
18 Yoel Romero
19 Dave Menne
20 Evan Tanner
21 Vitor Belfort
22 Robbie Lawler
23 Demian Maia
24 Jorge Santiago
25 Ikuhisa Minowa
http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/
http://www.fightmatrix.com/faq/

All the people claiming that Hendo is #2 are either new to the sport or are rewriting history. Hendo is great in the p4p context, but MW has never been his best weightclass. Most of his greatest wins came outside of MW. I'd say he deserves to be on the top 10 list at MW, but he's not even close to being #2.

I don't see why we shouldn't count his wins in weight classes above. He was so good that he could fight LHWs and HWs. He didn't confine himself to 185 because he constantly seeked higher challenges. Can we really hold that against him? No other MW besides Anderson or Machida could beat LHWs and HWs like Hendo did

M'eh.

It is patented retarded to suggest that fights in any other weight class count towards the record of someone in another class and yet we see all sorts of shertards try to argue this all the time.

I had someone on this forum suggest Rumble was the #2 WW of all time because you had to count his LHW at WW based on your same logic. ITs madness but go ahead make the case for Rumbles ranking at WW based on his LHW fights, so I can see the logic.

his LHW wins belong to his ALL TIME or career rankings but not his MW ranking.

1. Anderson Silva
2. Dan Henderson
3. Kazushi Sakuraba
4. Yoel Romero
5. Michael Bisping
6. Luke Rockhold
7. Jacare Souza
8. Murilo Bustamante
9. Lyoto Machida
10.Gegard Mousasi
11. Chris Weidman
12. Vitor Belfort
13. Kazuo Misaki
14. Rich Franklin
15. Cung Le
16. Frank Shamrock
17. Murilo Ninja Rua
18. Yoshihiro Akiyama
19. Jorge Santiago
20. Matt Lindland

Just a tentative list I made in 5 mins. Didn't put a whole lot of thought into it. I could be wrong about a few and I am probably missing a few good fighters
26hitTagrWPwBwNxK.gif

Bisping
Anderson

The rest is subjective.

#2: Rich Franklin
#3: Yoel Romero
#4: Chris Weidman
#5: Michael Bisping

Lol at Yoel at #3, Yoel might be skill wise one of the best MW of all time. But he can't be on that list until he has an official world title by his name.

Should Wand even be on his list, wasn't Pride MW division actually UFC's light heavyweight?

Any list that has steroid cheaters like Anderson in it should not be taken seriously.

Neither if Franklin is in the top 5.
By that logic, Fedor should be nowhere near any kind of legitimate ranking list seeing as how he only succeeded in an unsanctioned corrupt organization that not only allowed steroids but encouraged them.

Lol @ Ping being in anyone's top 5

By that logic, Fedor should be nowhere near any kind of legitimate ranking list seeing as how he only succeeded in an unsanctioned corrupt organization that not only allowed steroids but encouraged them.
Even if Pride said at every meeting 'we love steroids and hope you guys all use them' that would not mean that every fighter under their roster chose to use them nor that you could blanket say every fighter on their roster was guilty.

This site advertises a hybrid of ELO, computerized and subjective "i know it when i see it" rankings:

a computerized rating system that attempts to capture un-biased “popular thought” and combine it with prediction-based analysis.​

i've got some gripes but a list without minor gripes simply doesn't exist. all in all it's not bad. i'd go with it.

(that being said, when i saw Weidman #2 i figured it hadn't been updated in awhile....)

Middleweight
Rank Fighter
1 Anderson Silva
2 Chris Weidman
3 Luke Rockhold
4 Dan Henderson
5 Michael Bisping
6 Nate Marquardt
7 Rich Franklin
8 Chael Sonnen
9 Ronaldo Souza
10 Murilo Bustamante
11 Gegard Mousasi
12 Yushin Okami
13 Paulo Filho
14 Kiuma Kunioku
15 Matt Lindland
16 Ricardo Almeida
17 Kazuo Misaki
18 Yoel Romero
19 Dave Menne
20 Evan Tanner
21 Vitor Belfort
22 Robbie Lawler
23 Demian Maia
24 Jorge Santiago
25 Ikuhisa Minowa
http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/
http://www.fightmatrix.com/faq/
I like this list to get all the names on the table but would shuffle a few in position.

wheres frank shamrock....?
the guy is THE prototype mma fighter, the legend..
oh and the 1st middleweight champ..
you lot are clueless...

You need to learn the meaning of "cheating", my pupil.

Lol at Yoel at #3, Yoel might be skill wise one of the best MW of all time. But he can't be on that list until he has an official world title by his name.
Can't really blame Yoel if instead of Bisping they give him Jacare and he wins. If instead of Bisping they give him Weidman and he wins.

He may retire without being offered a title shot through no fault of his own. But his streak is still the 3rd best in UFC middleweight history, tied for the 10th longest in all of UFC history.

Back