Today in MMA History: Affliction Banned event, UFC Counter Programs With Anderson vs Irvin

Wonder what The Sandman is up to these days.

Last I saw he was the head trainer down at a UFC gym in Rocklin, CA.

Funny thing I was actually training at his other gym when he was preparing for that Anderson fight. Everyone there knew he was gonna lose lol.

Last I saw he was the head trainer down at a UFC gym in Rocklin, CA.

Funny thing I was actually training at his other gym when he was preparing for that Anderson fight. Everyone there knew he was gonna lose lol.

Lol really?

I was a newer fan back then, but I thought he could have a shot.. at least a punchers chance.

too bad most fighters dont want to fight on short notice nowdays

Lol really?

I was a newer fan back then, but I thought he could have a shot.. at least a punchers chance.

He did have power and was probably capable of a KO if he landed cleanly.

But this was at the very peak of Anderson matrixing people. If there was one person you weren't landing a lucky punch on it was prime Anderson. James was strong and solid but he was no where near the technical striker Anderson was.

Also trained with him before he KO'd Houston Alexander and that was a lot more fun. The Anderson fight felt like he was on death row lol.

He did have power and was probably capable of a KO if he landed cleanly.

But this was at the very peak of Anderson matrixing people. If there was one person you weren't landing a lucky punch on it was prime Anderson. James was strong and solid but he was no where near the technical striker Anderson was.

Also trained with him before he KO'd Houston Alexander and that was a lot more fun. The Anderson fight felt like he was on death row lol.

lol very true.

Prime Anderson was a bad, bad man.

Lol really?

People also thought Anderson was going to be outsized moving up to LHW, but in the cage he ended up being just as big as Irvin.

People also thought Anderson was going to be outsized moving up to LHW, but in the cage he ended up being just as big as Irvin.

Yeah I had only been watching MMA for a few years at that point and definitely thought the weight would play a larger factor than it really did for him. His frame fit it just fine.

Actually it was proven to be a dirty supplement and he has been released from the UFC at his own request. So your posts makes no sense really.

BTW I am not saying Josh wasn't juicing, he is one of the dirtiest fighters ever in the sport. But WME gains nothing by this, Josh left and it was proven he actually did pop due to the supplement.
But you do realize that guys like Angel Heredia are employed to find dirty supplements and dose on that substance, right? That way, you have a get out of jail free card if you get busted.

There is a hundred million dollar industry around doping and dirty supplements is a massive part of it.

Great memories.

I remember after Anderson's KO, people were saying that solidified him as the P4P king.

Right after that Fedor destroyed Sylvia and the Sherdog internet wars raged on.

Back