Today in MMA History: Affliction Banned event, UFC Counter Programs With Anderson vs Irvin

'Cleared by USADA' in 2018 isvaiin to saying "WME GUNNA WME".

Jones will be let off, tho he has no excuse, not even a dirty supplement. Just watch.

Actually it was proven to be a dirty supplement and he has been released from the UFC at his own request. So your posts makes no sense really.

BTW I am not saying Josh wasn't juicing, he is one of the dirtiest fighters ever in the sport. But WME gains nothing by this, Josh left and it was proven he actually did pop due to the supplement.

Phew, I remember passing out little fliers and putting stacks of promo cards on convenience store counters n shit for that Affliction Card. 10 fucking years ago already?!

Phew, I remember passing out little fliers and putting stacks of promo cards on convenience store counters n shit for that Affliction Card. 10 fucking years ago already?!

Holy shit I forgot about this. Affliction had a site where you could sign up to join the street team, you got sent free posters and cards to plaster all over your town for promo.

My friend and I both signed up, he got his package and I never got mine lol. I think he put up like, 3 posters at most, and just gave me the rest. I still have a few somewhere.

I know this is from the 2nd Affliction show but every time I think of them I think of this KO. Terrifying. I thought Lindland was seriously hurt.

giphy.gif
The way his leg twitches ... creepy, i have a strong stomach, I'm a proud Just Bleed God type of guy, this fight and Igor vs Ennoue are tough for me to watch.

Last edited:
That Affliction banned card still kicks the shit out of UFC cards to this day.

Fedor, Arlovski, Rothwell, Barnett, Rizzo, Babalu, Lindland, Vitor, Big Nog.

No doubt. Both Affliction cards were stacked to the gills with ridiculous fight purses. Not too surprising that they went under.

For some reason, I'd really like to see another promotion with odd ideas that goes out and tries something like Affliction/Bodog/IFL/Yamma.

I remember I was on an American base in iraq, waking up at 330am to see this. This was huge being that fedor AND the UFC, specifically Silva, fighting on the same night. Great affliction card, and horrible bands. I miss that org.

Fuck, 10 years went by too damn fast.

That was a great night though and overall good times. I watched both events.

Wonder what The Sandman is up to these days.
Getting knocked out by nobodys out here in Stockton, gained a lotta weight too
Time has not been kind to The Sandman

Is this when Tito put his foot up his mouth 40 times.

Babalu was the greatest lightheavyweight of the night

Damn, 10 years?
This was the night I got back to being a hardcore MMA fan after following the early UFCs and losing it during the dark age.
Vividly remember watching both cards. Damn... 10 years... fuck

I watched both live, it was an epic night. Hugely vindicating moment for Fedor fans against the naysayers back then bashing him for not fighting in the UFC.

trump and fedor

whats not to like

Back