today a casual asked me if there is anything going on in the UFC?

Don't feel bad bro. I had to deal with the same shit from the new UFC fans about Brock Lesnar in 2008.
I know a casual that was convinced Lesnar fought Cro Cop a few years back

i was like, "uhm....well..."

he then says, "when is Conor Mcgregor fighting again?"

I said, "no one really knows, but probably in November or December"

he then says, "is he going to fight that one guy?"

"Khabib? I don't know... "

"well, he said is anything interesting going on in the UFC?"

I was like, "uhm...well....Cormier vs Stipe is in July...thats some wolf tickets, but Brian Ortega is fighting Max Holloway on the same card"

"i dont know who that is" he says

"He's the guy that beat aldo twice, but got destroyed by mcgregor"

"oh..(proceeds to not give a shit)"

i couldn't really hype up the July card because well he didn't care unless Mcgregor was fighting lol...

Further undeniable proof that there's only one fighter in the UFC who matters

1Fq7gqG.gif

You hardcores can complain but the fact remains 95% of you stream fights for free while the filthy casuals actually buy PPVs. Mainstream fighters known to casuals like Conor McGregor is the reason why UFC is able to keep afloat. Y'all must tank him. Tank you Conor from the bottom of my bum soul you're the greatest thing to happen to the UFC since Ronda.

Talking to casuals is hard...I feel your pain TS.

Couple days ago I sparked up a conversation at the gym with a guy wearing a UFC wristband.

As we got deep in the convo I asked him if he knew who Fedor was, he said..."Vader?..the wrestler?"...that pretty much sums up my experience with casuals

lol. that guy is cool as fuck. Vader was so much better and interesting than Fedor

Holloway is a good test for weeding out casuals. I usually just bring up Elkins just to get them outta my fuckin sight.

Why not mention whittaker, a hard hitting international champion who defends against romero, the biggest freak athlete in the sport?

It baffles me how Whittaker is overlooked constantly.
Is that even for the real belt though? Or just another intercontinental interim lineal super champion? Who the fuck knows? Only like 1% of fans. There's like 10 belts and random champions at that weight class going around. Same with LW.

Is that even for the real belt though? Or just another intercontinental interim lineal super champion? Who the fuck knows? Only like 1% of fans. There's like 10 belts and random champions at that weight class going around. Same with LW.
Yes i can confirm its for the real belt. GSP didnt want anything to do with Whittaker, Romero etc

Talking to casuals is hard...I feel your pain TS.

Couple days ago I sparked up a conversation at the gym with a guy wearing a UFC wristband.

As we got deep in the convo I asked him if he knew who Fedor was, he said..."Vader?..the wrestler?"...that pretty much sums up my experience with casuals

If you pronounced it as Fedor and not as Fjodor then you're the casual bro.

This is actually a funny thread. It sums up the lousy state of the UFC. Good job.

u should have informed him Queen Joanna is fighting in July

Is that even for the real belt though? Or just another intercontinental interim lineal super champion? Who the fuck knows?
Pretty much this.

Whittaker is the intercontinental cruiserweight champion.

Or is it Khabib? Who the fuck knows?

Yes i can confirm its for the real belt. GSP didnt want anything to do with Whittaker, Romero etc
Whittaker is the interim champion that was made the real champion after stomach problems? And the real champ was formerly retired and beat a guy who defended against a 46 year old guy who's also retired?

Are these really the best 185 lbers in the world? Or are they just who the UFC says is?

Most of the top guys in the UFC now days are more interested in posting stuff on Twitter than actually fighting. They should just create a Twitter division and pit the top twitter warriors against each other...most retweets win!

Further undeniable proof that there's only one fighter in the UFC who matters

1Fq7gqG.gif

You hardcores can complain but the fact remains 95% of you stream fights for free while the filthy casuals actually buy PPVs. Mainstream fighters known to casuals like Conor McGregor is the reason why UFC is able to keep afloat. Y'all must tank him. Tank you Conor from the bottom of my bum soul you're the greatest thing to happen to the UFC since Ronda.

Thank you Conor!!

A9DiFJo.gif

I was that guy

haha
mWZWzwq.gif

I would've shown him this...
GlisteningImpressionableAmericanalligator-max-14mb.gif

this...
Lineker-KO.gif

and this...
FlamboyantInbornGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

then said, "THIS is happening".

Whittaker is the interim champion that was made the real champion after stomach problems? And the real champ was formerly retired and beat a guy who defended against a 46 year old guy who's also retired?

Are these really the best 185 lbers in the world? Or are they just who the UFC says is?
Who is better than whittaker at middleweight given the competetion they have beaten? Who has a better streak or notable wins? Ill wait.

Back