today a casual asked me if there is anything going on in the UFC?

Ortegoat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i was like, "uhm....well..."

he then says, "when is Conor Mcgregor fighting again?"

I said, "no one really knows, but probably in November or December"

he then says, "is he going to fight that one guy?"

"Khabib? I don't know... "

"well, he said is anything interesting going on in the UFC?"

I was like, "uhm...well....Cormier vs Stipe is in July...thats some wolf tickets, but Brian Ortega is fighting Max Holloway on the same card"

"i dont know who that is" he says

"He's the guy that beat aldo twice, but got destroyed by mcgregor"

"oh..(proceeds to not give a shit)"

i couldn't really hype up the July card because well he didn't care unless Mcgregor was fighting lol...

Literally none of this happened, reads like the colby/jones fanboy wrote a couple threads back.

Why not mention whittaker, a hard hitting international champion who defends against romero, the biggest freak athlete in the sport?

It baffles me how Whittaker is overlooked constantly.

Talking to casuals is hard...I feel your pain TS.

Couple days ago I sparked up a conversation at the gym with a guy wearing a UFC wristband.

As we got deep in the convo I asked him if he knew who Fedor was, he said..."Vader?..the wrestler?"...that pretty much sums up my experience with casuals

Last edited:
Literally none of this happened, reads like the colby/jones fanboy wrote a couple threads back.
That was a quality thread that upset+humored a lot of people, and is still being referenced now (thanks). This thread sucks and is boring.

You should’ve mentioned ufc 225 and Colby/RDA to your imaginary friend TS

A casual asked me what was going on in the UFC. I called him a noob and punched him.

Remind us why the fuck Sherdog cares?

Threads like this appear daily. And yet here we all are, posting daily.

Remind us why the fuck Sherdog cares?

Threads like this appear daily. And yet here we all are, posting daily.

i just thought it was relevant to the sport... people want to see mcgregor and its hard to hype other shit up without sounding like a bumbling idiot to them

I was talking to a casual and he said "Hey man, you know what @bigwaverider guy that Photoshops on Sherdog?"

You should have put your friend in an Ezekiel choke and shown him how interesting that shit is.

i was like, "uhm....well..."

he then says, "when is Conor Mcgregor fighting again?"

I said, "no one really knows, but probably in November or December"

he then says, "is he going to fight that one guy?"

"Khabib? I don't know... "

"well, he said is anything interesting going on in the UFC?"

I was like, "uhm...well....Cormier vs Stipe is in July...thats some wolf tickets, but Brian Ortega is fighting Max Holloway on the same card"

"i dont know who that is" he says

"He's the guy that beat aldo twice, but got destroyed by mcgregor"

"oh..(proceeds to not give a shit)"

i couldn't really hype up the July card because well he didn't care unless Mcgregor was fighting lol...

Don't feel bad bro. I had to deal with the same shit from the new UFC fans about Brock Lesnar in 2008.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back