TJ vs DJ, did I miss something?

This is Dana fault you idiots, I don't know why you guys are so much more loyal to a brand than you are the fighters.
However keep hating and stay uninformed.

this
ezgif.com-43762138da.gif

holy shit is that TJ? How have I've never seen this?

two things:
TJ is A LOT bigger than MM than I thought

and TJ is sucha predator. He knew what he was doing there....establishing dominance over DJ before the fight is even signed

Don't care about this fight at all

TJ just looking for a payday.. There are funner matchups at bw for him and there are guys deserving or going to be soon of their title shot so forget Demetrius, I'm tired of these guys chasing "money fights".

I hate immediate rematches. The only champ that deserved one after losing was TJ since he arguably should have got the nod. That's it.

Jones is arguable since no one actually beat him but he lost it because he was caught being a big cheaty cheaterton.
Yeah, I don't mind them in cases of extremely arguable fights. TJ/Cruz, Shogun/Machida, GSP/Hendricks etc ... or in weird cases like Vitor/Couture back in the day. Getting fucking smoked and getting an immediate rematch seems pointless to me ... like you have to beat the champ twice in a row to be the champ? Even worse, because if an immediate rematch happens and the fighter regains the title he just lost ... guess what? Run it back for a 3rd fight in row! So dumb.

Why fight the number one ranked fighter in the weight class above you that agrees to drop down to your weight class when you can fight the number ten ranked fighter in your weight class and have people think you are this unstoppable god?

DJ and TJ both want to fight. Last we heard, DJ looking to get it on a big card like 226.

DJ wants more money

could be...

I also wonder if he is negotiating to account for the potential scenario that TJ comes in heavy, either at weigh-ins or in advance.

I've said it many times before...there is less incentive for TJ to kill himself to make 125 than some people realize. beating DJ is the real value here...not winning a belt that TJ likely has little interest in defending, and where DJ may not even get a rematch.

everyone saw how Dana and Conor fucked over Aldo after his loss...that could *easily* be repeated with DJ.

Well, when Cruz beat TJ there were other guys in the division who deserved a title shot (Cody).

Right now it seems like its only logical for TJ to fight Cody.

While TJ caught Cody and KOd him... We all know Cody was winning the fight up until then

Back