TJ - Cruz FOTY so far?

Robbie vs Condit FOTY so far

If you watch MM vs Cruz you'll see MM has a distinct speed advantage over Cruz. Cruz is a massive BW and basically had to wrestle his way to victory against MM. If he keep it standing he would have loss.

MM does everything better than TJ imo except wrestle. Good thing for MM, Bang Ludwig convinced TJ he was a Muay Thai master. He would of beat Cruz if his plan of attack was more grapple heavy. Round 4 (the only round he won), TJ used his wrestling and won the round.
You know Cruz broke his hand in that fight right?

In terms of technical ability, for sure.

A lot of casuals try to pass as 'real fans', but they give themselves away when they shit on elusiveness in combat sports.

They need a bloody brawl to feed their shortage of adrenaline.

to be fair there was some blood and a few big shots landed. I seem to enjoy those close fights a lot more than one-sided asswhoopings. Lawler Condit was really just the 5th round and that is not enough for me but I might have to watch that one again. I don't particularly enjoy Condits style that much from an aesthetical point of view though.
How anyone could say that TJ-Cruz was boring is beyond me.

Cruz/TJ was definitely not boring. Great fight. I was being a bitch about it. It's just that Lawler is pretty much unheard of as a fighter because he leaves it all in the cage, takes risks, and yet manages to win and be a dominant champ. Check out the Lawler Condit fight again, cause it's not just the fifth round that had action, and it's a very close fight rather than a one sided ass whooping. Makes me wanna watch it right now

brandao vs ortega is my foty so far.

Cruz is masterful in his point fighting, but it can be a little tedious to watch. TJ was lobbing some heat, Cruz was dancing away from the action and tip tap scoring.

Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't strike me as thrilling.

harry-potter-shrug.gif

Lawler vs Condit was pretty lame until the last round. That round was better than the first four combined. Was just Condit picking him apart aside from getting dropped in the second.

Nah, 2, 3, 4 and 5 were all great rounds. Plenty to enjoy there. I guess it takes all sorts!

Watched it for the first time today (I've been sleeping on the Bantamweight division) and it's not even close for me. It was like watching 2 grandmasters go at each other. I think each of their skillsets is up there with DJ's if not better. I need to watch more of their fights lol.

I was late for school because I LITERALLY feel asleep during that Dance Dance contest.

It doesn't come close to Lawler vs Condit, anyway. Not by a longshot.

Oh shit, I thought you said Tavares! :oops:
nah. but that was a fucking sick fight too.

if andrei didnt fucking pimp slap browne, then that tavares vs ortega would have been my favorite fight last year!

but ortega is a fucking stud in the cage. really hoping he lays a beating on clay or the fight plays out again similar to tavares a close back and forth fight with a late finish, or even in the brandao fight ortega down two rounds and pulls of the slickest chain submission ever.

he is so talented and got tonnes of heart and grit. i think he has what it takes to be the champ by 2018.

I don't think Dillashaw/Cruz was a FOTY in my opinion but I liked it a lot. In terms of a technical battle it was like what I wanted to see when the Machida/Mousasi match was made. There was a lot more attacking from both fighters which I enjoyed.

How is foty judged? If by entertainment, drama, and intrigue, undoubtedly it's either Ronda/Holm or Nate/Conor.

Both those fights lefts my jaw on the floor

There was a thread about it recently and most people don't even remember details about the fight except for Dom following his gameplan well.

Back