Tito Oritz wants to come out of retirement to fight Jones for Record

Love the dude since he's one of the guys I started watching from high school, but fuck that...

I guess he really wants to have a cracked skull.

Forrest Griffin as special guest referee, and i'm in.

haha - 4 of Tito's last 7 fights were losses to guys Jones has beaten soundly. I really can't imagine Tito mounting any sort of offense at all. Jones would murder him on the feet and the gnp would be brutal. Please. No.

would have made more sense than fighting Sonnen

No way Tito can fight with a broken skull, cracked vertebrae and a torn asshole. Just too dangerous.

Earn that shit futher mucker
Come in and fight glover

I doubt he could come out of retirement and beat Roger Hollett.

3rz532.jpg

If Tito gets the fight, people are going to start talking about Jones's title run the way they talk about Tito's: it wasn't against the best competition

The Just Bleed God welcomes such sacrifice.

This.

Seriously though, if Tito wants his record to not be broken, he should want anyone but himself to take the fight. This isn't about the record, it's about Tito wanting one more blast of the spotlight. If he actually thinks he has a better chance of beating Jones than Gustafson, Machida, or even Teixera, he's even dumber than I thought, and I thought he was pretty dumb.

It would be embarrassing. Jones needs to fight someone who deserves the shot. I enjoy watching Jones fight, with the emphasis on "fight." I don't want to see another freakshow beatdown. I'm not sure who can give him a real fight, but it's definitely not Tito.

He wants to hand him the record breaking win. Lol
Let silva or Cormier stop him.

Stay retired Tito. Your record was horrible the last couple of years.

Honestly, watching Vitor and Chael and Nick was enough. I am tired of people not earning title shots and getting them.

Honestly though, even if Tito isn't smart enough to want to stay retired, I don't think Dana will sign him to another fight.

Why is it the guys who cant type or spell that make threads like this saying Tito deserves a title fight against Jones more than Sonnen did. Wow....what a joke.

Jesus, aside from the bader ko tito hasnt really beaten anyone since Vladimir Matyushenko in 2001. (welterweight Cote in his ufc debut and ken Shamrock dont count) He has had some competitive, stellar performances though but a title shot is ridiculous

He just wants attention/money

This would be a bigger mismatch than Sonnen/Jones

Would be a big money fight I think.

No one would pay to see that shit. Dana isn't an idiot, he knows this. WTF wants to see Tito anymore at all, let alone a title fight? No fucking way.

Back