Time to end this When is a Champ a Champ? Poll

When is a Champ a Champ

• Total voters
You one dumb motherf*ker I answered it in the one paragraph fool "Title Holder"...

And according to you ("Time to end this") your poll is going to be the dictator of what is true or not. So based on the results, are you now going to accept that a fighter is still the champ, regardless of defenses? Or are you going to throw your poll in the garbage, ignore the results and continue to deny that the belt holder is the champ?

When they act like a champ after they've won and successfully defended. Being a champ is more than just winning.

Certainly not any champ now since they stripped the belt for "NOT DEFENDING" guess Conor didn't read the fine print for belt ownership "You must defend this belt"...
I agree they should have stripped him. It was done at the correct time. But thats not what this discussion is about is it paynebringer

You one dumb motherf*ker I answered it in the one paragraph fool "Title Holder"...
In 2014, the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.

In 2015, the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl.

Were the Seahawks title holders, or champions?

When they act like a champ after they've won and successfully defended. Being a champ is more than just winning.

Ok then can you give me an example of a scenario where the belt holder isn't a champ because he didn't fulfill your criteria of doing "more than just winning"? But also please include who the champ is during this time of not doing "more than just winning".

Avoiding it and not fighting is one thing. Avoiding the defense so that you can pursue bigger and better things is a different story.

And also, if you're claiming that a champ is no longer champ if he doesn't defend, then who is the champ? Nobody?

Wow you actually pressed post reply with THIS ^^^^ sh!t still in it? "Avoiding" defending to pursue bigger things ah? If that was the case why not vacate the belts months ago?

Wow you actually pressed post reply with THIS ^^^^ sh!t still in it? "Avoiding" defending to pursue bigger things ah? If that was the case why not vacate the belts months ago?

Because his plan was to defend both belts. I didn't say avoid indefinitely.

Jose Aldo like durr obviously.

That's why it's so retarded for people to claim that Conor wasn't the champ. They are either saying one of these two retarded things:

- There was no champ
- Jose was still the champ even after Conor ko'd him.

Albeit I will admit, the latter option is significantly more retarded than the former.

The title holder is the champion, dumbass.

And I don't know why you talk like you're three years old. It's really immature and doesn't make me do anything except not respect your opinion very much.

And I never disputed that I just prefer to call you title holder rather than Champ until you lock it down and confirm your belt with a successful defense, I thought I made that clear in OP, you a 4real dumbass aren't you...?

Funny that, Bisping is champion with a successful defence yet everyone shits on him.

Conor can't even spell the word but "if you win the belt you're champion"

Pull your tongues out of his arsehole.

And I never disputed that I just prefer to call you title holder rather than Champ until you lock it down and confirm your belt with a successful defense, I thought I made that clear in OP, you a 4real dumbass aren't you...?

You didn't answer my question about the poll. And these things don't actually exist:

"lock it down"
"confirm your belt"

You just made those things up. Answer my question about the poll or I'm not talking to you anymore.

In 2014, the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.

In 2015, the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl.

Were the Seahawks title holders, or champions?

I appreciate your reach Jin but to compare team sports Championship to combat sports 1 on 1 Championships is a big reach, find a different example my friend....

Conor has 0 title defenses. He is a fraud of champions.

Fraud embarrassed two champions effortlessly.

okhePpJW_400x400.jpg

Kind of depends on additional circumstances how 'legitimate' a champ you are.

If you're active and fighting at least twice a year, to me, that is a true champion.

technically, and realistically, the man with the real and current belt is the real and current champ.

i may have said otherwise before to stir some shit, but DC, Aldo and Conor are the champs.

doesn't matter if you beat the previous champ or if it was vacated and given to you. you're the champ until you lose it or give it up. defences don't matter either, if you have the belt, you are the champ.

at this point i hope conor's next fight is Woodley and he wins another belt lol would be hilarious

Last edited:
I appreciate your reach Jin but to compare team sports Championship to combat sports 1 on 1 Championships is a big reach, find a different example my friend....
Sure.

Tennis:

In 2015 Stanislas Wawrinka won the French Open.

In 2016, Novak Djokovic won the French Open.

Golf:

In 2015 Jordan Spieth won the US Open.

In 2016 Dustin Johnson won the US Open.

In Boxing:

Andre Ward just beat Sergey Kovalev by decision to become the Light Heavyweight Champion. He hasn't defended as of yet.

Are none of these athletes or fighters champions?

Back