Time to boycott NY/NJ fights

TomTomNT

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Until this commission and their doctors study up on the sport and the cuts/damages that are common this is pointless... We constantly see fights after fights just pure stupidity happening in the cage and its always during NY/NJ cards.

How do you stop this fight with 2 minutes left when hes been bleeding like that the entire 5th round.... Especially after he defended the fucking takedown rofl.... Thats not even anything special in terms of damage.... A swollen cut eye? Thats like every fucking fight ever that has damage involved...especially over 5 fucking rounds....

This commission and its doctors are terrible, not watching any of the NY/NJ cards again, this is horse shit.

Learn the system, train your guys, then maybe, right now its like no one knows what to do as soon as a fighter starts bleeding everyone gets scared.

Both of Barboza's eyes were swollen shut. F off with this.

I thought they stopped the fight because the mouth peice but I'm not mad with the stoppage. Keith Was looking out for himself and didnt want to get Mario'd out of the UFC because it was a one sided beatdown .

Not true, they were swollen yes... something we see if virtually every 5 round fight, not even talking about crazy wars, we see shit like this every fucking event and it never gets stopped unless its in NY or NJ....Just bad everything over there, they dont understand the fucking sport.

If they wanted to stop it, Edson should of never walked out for the 5th fucking round...How do you stop it when this man finally defends a fucking takedown in the 5th, you robbed Edson of every single chance, he can KO anyone with 1 strike, and Lee was no different.

I thought it could have been stopped before the 5th. Both eyes nearly shut with major swelling, was a matter of time before his face tore open, not like he had anything really left either.

Doesn't matter the location, when a fighters cut real bad right above his eye like that, they always stop the fight.

Not true, they were swollen yes... something we see if virtually every 5 round fight, not even talking about crazy wars, we see shit like this every fucking event and it never gets stopped unless its in NY or NJ....Just bad everything over there, they dont understand the fucking sport.

If they wanted to stop it, Edson should of never walked out for the 5th fucking round...How do you stop it when this man finally defends a fucking takedown in the 5th, you robbed Edson of every single chance, he can KO anyone with 1 strike, and Lee was no different.

Okay, one was shut and bleeding, and the other was almost shut.

Nothing wrong with that stoppage.

That could have legitimately been stopped towards the end of the fourth too.

Caring about fighter safety?
Yea let's boycott man

I really can't see how anyone would bitch about that stoppage. Barboza showed a TON of a heart and damn near pulled off an epic comeback with that spinning heel kick but I have no idea what was keeping him in that fight. He looked DONE after the 1st. When he landed those big clean shots at the beginning of the 4th to no effect it was pretty clear the fight was over at that point. The fatigue had completely set in and his power was gone.

Yet he defended takedown and was landing shots. It's a fight.

They should have stopped it when he was a punching bag way earlier. lol

Well according to ts, Stevie wonder always has a chance

As long as you can still breathe, you can fight!

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

I thought it could have been stopped before the 5th. Both eyes nearly shut with major swelling, was a matter of time before his face tore open, not like he had anything really left either.
Yeah, i bet you said that in the third too?

I hate when people do this shit, "oh well this fighter was losing, so there for the outcome was all but decided" dumbest quote in history of MMA

Edson was being super aggressive in the 5th round, he also seemed to be willing to just go all out and bang and was throwing very hard, Lee then initiated a takedown, failed, and as soon as Edson defends a takedown and centers up the fight gets fucking stopped? Are you shitting me?

If the cut was so fucking bad, then why not stop it in the 4th? Why not stop it in between rounds of 4-5? You know, where a doctor actually looks at you? Yeah ok, Lee landed shit in the 5th, stopping it with 2 minutes left is just fucking stupid, especially from that interaction.

Until this commission and their doctors study up on the sport and the cuts/damages that are common this is pointless... We constantly see fights after fights just pure stupidity happening in the cage and its always during NY/NJ cards.

How do you stop this fight with 2 minutes left when hes been bleeding like that the entire 5th round.... Especially after he defended the fucking takedown rofl.... Thats not even anything special in terms of damage.... A swollen cut eye? Thats like every fucking fight ever that has damage involved...especially over 5 fucking rounds....

This commission and its doctors are terrible, not watching any of the NY/NJ cards again, this is horse shit.

Learn the system, train your guys, then maybe, right now its like no one knows what to do as soon as a fighter starts bleeding everyone gets scared.

His eyes were completely swollen shut. It was a great stoppage.

tonight is the night you are dying on this hill????

okay then.......

Yeah, i bet you said that in the third too?

I hate when people do this shit, "oh well this fighter was losing, so there for the outcome was all but decided" dumbest quote in history of MMA

Edson was being super aggressive in the 5th round, he also seemed to be willing to just go all out and bang and was throwing very hard, Lee then initiated a takedown, failed, and as soon as Edson defends a takedown and centers up the fight gets fucking stopped? Are you shitting me?

If the cut was so fucking bad, then why not stop it in the 4th? Why not stop it in between rounds of 4-5? You know, where a doctor actually looks at you? Yeah ok, Lee landed shit in the 5th, stopping it with 2 minutes left is just fucking stupid, especially from that interaction.
I get it you are a just bleed fan, you don't care about fighter safety and would have them fight to the death if you could, fuck off. Fans like you give the sport a bad name.... mouth-breather.

Okay, one was shut and bleeding, and the other was almost shut.

Nothing wrong with that stoppage.

That could have legitimately been stopped towards the end of the fourth too.

Yeah grab the worst picture in history, his left eye is not shut and is totally fine, and his right eye simply is bleeding which every fighter ever just wipes the blood away.. WoW its almost like you never saw a fucking MMA fight before, you must be watching too many of Aljamain Sterling and Ryan LaFlare fights.....

By this definition half the ufc's fights could of been stopped, hell Nate diaz lost every fight he has ever fought and so did BJ penn.

instead of decisions lets have an additional round with katanas.

come on it new York that the clown show new jersey knows what there doing.

I know the NY commission can be pretty awful but do you have a few examples of screw ups in NJ? I’m genuinely curious because I don’t recall NJ having a bad reputation for that.

As anticlimactic as the stoppage was, it wasn’t that bad anyways.

Back