Till was NOT gifted a hometown decision. Kill this Myth

If you watch it in slow motion upside down with the sound off while tapping your head with one hand and rubbing your belly with the other many pacquio wins by tko in round 12

Could have gone either way, not a robbery. Wonderboy is walking a fine line with his elusive tactics. And now it has come back to bite him again. It’s fine to be defensive but he did almost no damage, this is not pointfighting.

were gonna score it for some I had Wonderboy winning, not by giant margins but I did have him winning. I think for a fight this close there was no way they were gonna score it for someone as ridiculously American as Wodnerboy. Like the majority of close fights, it wasn't a clear enough win for Wonderboy to call it a full on hometown robbery. But the fight was close enough so that there is more probability that an American set of judges would have given it to Wonderboy. And given that Till showed he's probably not professional and focused enough to be a consistent top UFC fighter, it makes sense that some people would be upset that he's now an emerging WW contender. Of course, a Till Woodley fight may still be more interesting than another Wonderboy Woodley fight after Wonderboy choked up in the rematch. So it seems the best answer is to just go with it.

If Till never landed that knockdown I feel like there should be more outcry, but being that he was pushing the fight and the only one to land a strike that was potentially fight ending gave him the nod. Just remember Silva and Machida were counter strikers too, but clearly did much more damage on their back foot. If wonderboy dropped till I would have argued for him as well.

I just watched the fight on FS2. Before seeing this, I thought I was going to see some leonard Garcia/Diego Sanchez type decision after seeing the play by play score/comments on this site. I wonder how many of you guys actually watched the fight. I don't see how anyone can call this a robbery. This fight was dead even with Till coming forward 95% of the time. Neither fighter did much except for the 5th. If Wonderboy deserved to beat Till, then Guida deserved a UD over Maynard. Guida did more in that fight than Wonderboy did, and most of the people on this forum mock him for even suggesting that he won.
<{cruzshake}>

I don't see why anyone could complain about this result on Wonderboy's behalf. Although each individual round (other than the last) was close I had Till winning 49-47.

If Wonderboy wants to avoid losing decisions like this then perhaps he needs to learn to fight on the front foot more and stop being so negative/one dimensional (and I like the guy!).

You can't go into title fights as a challenger or into enemy territory and fight in such a negative, risk averse and passive manner and still expect to sneak a decision.

Thompson backs up the whole fight and never commits to shots, so him losing by a close split decision is always going to be a possibility. He fights not to lose.

Sherdog doesn't see leg kicks and thinks that you should be deducted points for missing weight.

That's my analysis given the arguments for how it was a robbery.

I love how there is 1/1000th the controversy on Sherdog for Till/Thompson than Dillashaw/Cruz..

I wonder why that is.

99.9% of the people on this site have zero ability to be impartial.

Neither one really did anything but I agreed with the decision

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back