Till was NOT gifted a hometown decision. Kill this Myth

saminex

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just watched the fight on FS2. Before seeing this, I thought I was going to see some leonard Garcia/Diego Sanchez type decision after seeing the play by play score/comments on this site. I wonder how many of you guys actually watched the fight. I don't see how anyone can call this a robbery. This fight was dead even with Till coming forward 95% of the time. Neither fighter did much except for the 5th. If Wonderboy deserved to beat Till, then Guida deserved a UD over Maynard. Guida did more in that fight than Wonderboy did, and most of the people on this forum mock him for even suggesting that he won.

He was. I don't give a fuck what you type about it.

Didn't read but you are wrong.

Agree with TS. Till won clearly.

Maybe because he missed weight, or because he's cocky, or because he beat a nice guy American....but people don't want to acknowledge that Till CLEARLY won.

100% agree with TS. People seem to agree that Rampage beat Machida (ironically I think the opposite), really no clue why this result has generated so much controversy.

Could have gone either way imo.

In the end, it was two high-level strikers showing mutual respect for the others skill-set, which made it a close fight.

I didn't see it. I won.

I don't think it was bad enough to label it a robbery, but I do feel that Thompson should've won. When you factor in that Till was fighting at hime and missed weight badly, it's a disappointing outcome for sure. I hate seeing fighters who miss weight get rewarded for failing to meet the obligations of their contract.

Till was never going to lose a decision in his hometown.

Liverpool needed a win of some sort after their football team got whooped by Real Madrid.

If Wonderboy was given the decision then the crowd would have rioted and MMA would never be able to take off in Liverpool.

I dont see how u can score this one for WB. Even significant strikes but Till managed to knock him down in the 5th.

It was either a draw or win for Till.

Both guys were too tentative. WB lost twice to the champ so I have no problem with Till being pushed up a bit. WB needs a bit more aggression. He seems to have a lot of tools but you can't ONLY be a counterstriker. No one wants to see that shit. He needs to go back and watch his performance against Hendricks and figure out what he's doing wrong.

Just because a counter puncher is not moving forward does not mean he is losing except maybe to an uneducated eye

Just because a counter puncher is not moving forward does not mean he is losing except maybe to an uneducated eye

Well it basically does if he lands worse shots than agressor.

I wanted Thompson to win because of the weight cutting snafu. Having said that, it was a close fight that Till edged out. The clearest round was 5, which Till won. I had Thompson winning round 3 until the final minute. Till also won one of the first two rounds (I believe round 2, if drunken memory serves).

I wouldn't have argued a Thompson decision, but anybody saying that Wonderboy was "ripped off" is being ridiculous. It was a close fight. Thompson landed his best shots in the same rounds (3 and 5) that Till was most effective. The other rounds were staring contests with Till being the aggressor. I wouldn't have minded seeing some 10-10 rounds in the judging, but Till deserved it.

Last edited:
Could have gone either way imo.

In the end, it was two high-level strikers showing mutual respect for the others skill-set, which made it a close fight.

The kisses and hugs they were constantly giving each other was probably the most significant offensive moments of the fight. Felt like I was watching WMMA and they were going to grab a couple of Cosmos and share some cake afterwards.

The kisses and hugs they were constantly giving each other was probably the most significant offensive moments of the fight. Felt like I was watching WMMA and they were going to grab a couple of Cosmos and share some cake afterwards.
<34>
ZestyUnrealisticAdder-max-1mb.gif

A close fight, that could have gone either way, so I guess it is ok. It still always feels a bit unfair for the loser.

I think they should try to change the ruleset to include extra rounds in close fights. Since this was scored unanimous, it s maybe not the best example, but extra rounds will make it much more satisfying for everyone, as there will be no doubt who won in the end.

Agree with TS. Till won clearly.

Maybe because he missed weight, or because he's cocky, or because he beat a nice guy American....but people don't want to acknowledge that Till CLEARLY won.
I think you nailed it and it's all of the above why people are so sour about this victory.

And yes Till won that fight.

Back