Throwback to Benson Henderson’s Upkick on Frankie

Looks like Frankie should be dead. Fuckin guy didn’t even get KO’d.

Next level shit.

i miss ninja bendo. i thought he'd get more ninja over time he just declined

Yeah I had it 49-46 benson the second fight was a lot closer.

1st fight Benson (due exclusively to that uptick as Edgar was winning that round up until)

2nd fight Edgar, and that was clear as fucking day

Can’t find it but Frankie’s right hand over the top was money that fight.

He landed a shit ton of leg kicks in that rematch too, but Benson being the bigger guy with tree stump legs was unaffected by them for the most part.

Made the gif myself. It was a nice little sequence from frankie. Those fights were fun.

yrYwjW.gif

Ben+Henderson+Upkicks+Frankie+Edgar+-+UFC+144+Japan.gif

Frankie is probably one of the toughest fighters in mma history his heart and recovery is unrivaled.

Benson was on his ninja shit that night, he tried Frankie with that Enzuiguri kick and just missed it.
giphy.gif
just made a thread recently with this gif regarding tdd.

I thought he would be in the top 3 UFC for years longer....

Crazy career if you think about it... where would he have been if he didn't win all those split decisions?

1st fight Benson (due exclusively to that uptick as Edgar was winning that round up until)

2nd fight Edgar, and that was clear as fucking day

The clearest rounds in the rematch were round 1 for benson he landed a lot of nasty calf kicks.

And rounds 2 and 5 for Frankie.

Round 3 could have been a 10-10 it was very close. Round 4 was close to but Frankie landed a takedown that cemented the round for him. At worst 48-47 for Frankie imo.

just made a thread recently with this gif regarding tdd.

I thought he would be in the top 3 UFC for years longer....

Crazy career if you think about it... where would he have been if he didn't win all those split decisions?

Benson was in his best form in the ufc in his fights with Bocek, Miller, Guida, and Diaz imo. He was just a relentless beast and fought with swagger and a chip on his shoulder and with a toothpick in his mouth too.

Pettis had his number and he never regained his elite form.

He landed a shit ton of leg kicks in that rematch too, but Benson being the bigger guy with tree stump legs was unaffected by them for the most part.

Made the gif myself. It was a nice little sequence from frankie. Those fights were fun.

yrYwjW.gif
Good job on the gif.

Great combo by Frankie.

I just watched the second fight again a few months back it was a pretty fun fight.

I won't call it a robbery, but Frankie should have won. Only reason it doesn't get talked about more in the annals of close decisions is the cult of Baby Jay (to the death, quite between rounds....IV's are for pussies, USADA violation for using IV)

yrYwjW.gif

Quality work on the gif, Frankie’s slip and counter over the top was gorgeous.

Last edited:
I won't call it a robbery, but Frankie should have won. Only reason it doesn't get talked about more in the annals of close decisions is the cult of Baby Jay (to the death, quite between rounds....IV's are for pussies, USADA violation for using IV)

Die hard B.J. fan but Frankie won that benson rematch.

Motivated BJ Penn has never lost btw.

Benson would take that belt right off of Khabib

He's a nightmare matchup for him. Absolute nightmare.

That single move won Bendo that fight IMO. Even that very round was solidly Frankie's until that that upkick landed in the final seconds.

Rematch was a robbery though, straight up.

O.G. MMA upkick was Renzo vs. Taktarov, especially great since it was a smaller opponent beating a bigger fighter.

I miss those fights, where you could see tactics a smaller fighter could use to overcome a size advantage. Now you only get to see what works against someone your own size.

Ben Henderson was indeed sooo smooth back in the day. It sucks that he lost his mojo factor.

Benson was in his best form in the ufc in his fights with Bocek, Miller, Guida, and Diaz imo. He was just a relentless beast and fought with swagger and a chip on his shoulder and with a toothpick in his mouth too.

Pettis had his number and he never regained his elite form.
I don’t think he gets enough credit for brining the thigh punch into the game!

Back