Throwback to Benson Henderson’s Upkick on Frankie

BC

Helax
@Gold
Reaction score
Ben+Henderson+Upkicks+Frankie+Edgar+-+UFC+144+Japan.gif

Frankie is probably one of the toughest fighters in mma history his heart and recovery is unrivaled.

Benson was on his ninja shit that night, he tried Frankie with that Enzuiguri kick and just missed it.
giphy.gif

Boom. Right in the mushky. Upkicks are underutilised in the modern game

That was brutal af and broke Edgar’s nose. It also helped Benson win the fight clearly.

Idk why some people think the 1st fight was controversial. I scored it 49-46 Benson.

Benson was a tough match up for anyone. I was never a big fan but understood he is a tough fight for anyone.

That was brutal af and broke Edgar’s nose. It also helped Benson win the fight clearly.

Idk why some people think the 1st fight was controversial. I scored it 49-46 Benson.

Yeah I had it 49-46 benson the second fight was a lot closer.

I had the first fight 49-46 Bendo too.

But the second 49-46 Frankie.

The clear rounds were round 1 for Benson and rounds 2 and 5 for Frankie.
Rounds 3 and 4 were close but I gave round 4 to Frankie.

The clear rounds were round 1 for Benson and rounds 2 and 5 for Frankie.
Rounds 3 and 4 were close but I gave round 4 to Frankie.

I haven't watched those fights for a couple of years - maybe even not since Bendo left for Bellator. I do remember thinking that if Frankie beat Aldo that in my heart Frankie would be a 2-div champ. Kind of a shame we never got the Frankie/Bendo trilogy.

ETA: Looks like most fans and media had the 2nd fight scored fairly heavily toward Frankie too. This thread definitely makes me want to watch them both again.

MMADec_Frankie_Bendo2.jpg

Last edited:

I scored the second 48-47 Frankie but I wasn’t mad at the decision lol I’ll have to rewatch it.

I haven't watched those fights for a couple of years - maybe even not since Bendo left for Bellator. Kind of a shame we never got the trilogy.

ETA: Looks like most fans and media had the 2nd fight scored fairly heavily toward Frankie too. This thread definitely makes me want to watch them both again.

MMADec_Frankie_Bendo2.jpg

I just watched the second fight again a few months back it was a pretty fun fight.

Frankie always had incredible recovery. Most guys would be out cold from that.

He was my fav fighter for a long time (Benson)

Frankie still is my fav. Both guys are warriors.

Anyone got the gif of Frankie Dropping Benson in the rematch with a nice right hand? I can never find it.

Seems like kicking people in the head can be effective if utilized properly.

Anyone got the gif of Frankie Dropping Benson in the rematch with a nice right hand? I can never find it.

Can’t find it but Frankie’s right hand over the top was money that fight.

Back