Thoughts on the dawn of GSP's return.

I feel he should have returned to WW and that he would beat Woodley. Tyron is dangerous and has a lot of skills, but I don't feel he uses them in the most coherent of fashions. Woodley is giving me the vibe that he has every tool to be a long-time champion, but he just is too laid back during the fights. I don't know if it is about conserving energy over five rounds (my assumption), but his tendency to let rounds get away from him or not push the action in a way that emphatically wins him the bout is problematic.

It would be especially difficult for him against a workhorse like GSP who is a high-volume fighter. I think Woodley would not be able to take GSP down. While he might manage to defend GSP's impressive double leg, I think GSP would just pick him apart with leg kicks and an active jab. Woodley could certainly hurt him and put him away, but the deeper the fight goes, the more I'd favor GSP.

Bisping is a different entity in my opinion. Some will point to Bis being vulnerable and all that, but I see that as the more difficult fight for GSP for sure. The reason I say that is because Bisping will have a legitimate size advantage over him. We can't pretend that won't make a difference. Bisping is also historically very difficult to take down and more so to keep down. In the standup, I don't favor GSP over Bisping. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that Bis would land a lot and that GSP would have more difficulty closing the gap and getting in range to land his shots.

If I'd ever seen GSP at middleweight and he wasn't coming off a four year absence, I might feel differently. But, as it stands, I think that he will have problems in that fight and that Bisping will retain.
Historically speaking Bisping had been taken down and beaten by every good grappler he's fought.

And 2 of the guys that did it, Evans and Chael, both said GSP is a better wrestler than him.

Historically speaking Bisping had been taken down and beaten by every good grappler he's fought

I suppose but Chael and Rashad both struggled greatly in imposing their game on him and won split decision fights. Those two guys are physically much larger than GSP is.

Rockhold is a great grappler and subbed Bisping the first time but then got put down by him in the rematch..

I suppose but Chael and Rashad both struggled greatly in imposing their game on him and won split decision fights. Those two guys are physically much larger than GSP is.

Rockhold is a great grappler and subbed Bisping the first time but then got put down by him in the rematch..
Jake Shields gave up 25 pounds to Dan Henderson and still ragdolled the Olympic alternate for 20 of 25 minutes.

GSP was great but him & GOAT doesn't belong in the same sentence.

It's vs Bisping.. relax he gets the decision and a new belt.

Oh I do!

And I hate when I take a nasty shit at work, and wiping doesn't quite cut it, and I need a shower.

I hate that feeling.
I feel you bruh! Nothing worse than a sloppy poopy

20883026_10211684588684988_6903578844361285680_n.jpg

You guys must not have kids. When you have kids, you use flushable wet wipes. I learned that they work amazing and take care of any left over shit you may have down there and leave that sucker clean as a whistle.

I feel GSP is definately an argument for GOAT. there's NO argument for best WW of alltime.

However I don't think he is coming back and tearing it up again, Bisping is one tough guy and isn't a walk in the park. He has good takedown defense, really good hands, and great endurance. He's also obviously been more active. I know I'm in the minority feeling Bisping is going to win.

Idk what the odds are, but if Bisping is the underdog that's a good bet to take.

This, all day. I'm not quite sure why alot of GSP's fans think he's going to breeze through The Count. I like GSP, but I just don't see it. It's not like Bisping is easy to take down or is a lousy striker.

I feel he should have returned to WW and that he would beat Woodley. Tyron is dangerous and has a lot of skills, but I don't feel he uses them in the most coherent of fashions. Woodley is giving me the vibe that he has every tool to be a long-time champion, but he just is too laid back during the fights. I don't know if it is about conserving energy over five rounds (my assumption), but his tendency to let rounds get away from him or not push the action in a way that emphatically wins him the bout is problematic.

It would be especially difficult for him against a workhorse like GSP who is a high-volume fighter. I think Woodley would not be able to take GSP down. While he might manage to defend GSP's impressive double leg, I think GSP would just pick him apart with leg kicks and an active jab. Woodley could certainly hurt him and put him away, but the deeper the fight goes, the more I'd favor GSP.

Bisping is a different entity in my opinion. Some will point to Bis being vulnerable and all that, but I see that as the more difficult fight for GSP for sure. The reason I say that is because Bisping will have a legitimate size advantage over him. We can't pretend that won't make a difference. Bisping is also historically very difficult to take down and more so to keep down. In the standup, I don't favor GSP over Bisping. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that Bis would land a lot and that GSP would have more difficulty closing the gap and getting in range to land his shots.

If I'd ever seen GSP at middleweight and he wasn't coming off a four year absence, I might feel differently. But, as it stands, I think that he will have problems in that fight and that Bisping will retain.
My answer to all of this is, "that's why they make 'em fight." I love this matchup. I by no means think this is an easy fight for either fighter, and the level of under-estimating of both guys is going to make it an epic fight. I think they're both going to perform beyond expectations. Since no one knows who is right or wrong about how it will go, the fight will be all the more eagerly anticipated.

If he loses people will shit on him, we must not forget he's one of the GOATs no matter what happens.

I read earlier that he is going to fight more aggressive than he has before. I'm curious to see if it's just talk or if he really tries to finish opponents.

All in all I don't care about the Bisping fight, but am very interested in the GSP/Woodley fight.

Meh. I'm not all that excited to see GSP take Bisping down and lay on him for 5 rounds. I'd far rather see Bisping keep it on the feet and knock him out like he did Rockhold. If not just to see everyone's head explode again. THAT was an epic night. Still one of my favorite upsets of all time. :)

Last edited:
Don't underestimate GSP's game plan, he is phenomenal with greg Jackson on a gamelan and he wouldn't becoming back to fight where he doesn't think he can't dominate an opponent.

GSP hasn't trained with Jackson since like 2008.

GSP is going to beat Bisping... then beat Woodley... before losing both belts to McGregor in one fight... which will make McGregor a 4 weight UFC champion.

all-the-belts-jpg.165323

You guys must not have kids. When you have kids, you use flushable wet wipes. I learned that they work amazing and take care of any left over shit you may have down there and leave that sucker clean as a whistle.
Flushable wet wipes you say?

Why you had me at "Wet Wipes."

I look forward to the fresh feeling of a Wet Wipes anal cleansing.

GSP is possibly my personal GOAT, but I'm nervous for him on his UFC return.

He is several years and another torn ACL removed from his last appearance in which he looked less than his best. Combined with facing bigger guys at MW, I think it could be tough for him. Even someone like Tyron, with raw, athletic, explosive power, could be dangerous.

Still, if you put a gun to my head, I would choose GSP over Bisping and Woodley. Woodley has shown himself to be extremely tentative if put against the cage - Rory made him look horrible, and I think GSP could do the same with his varied, high output striking offense (whether his shots pack power or not). Tyron's ferocious power and grappling acumen could make it interesting; GSP still takes it in that department against anyone remotely close to his size.

Bisping is big, but GSP with some added muscle could absolutely control the grappling. It will be interesting to see if he can hold his own striking. While Bisping has made strides recently, GSP can, at the very least, use the threat of the takedown to take him out of his element. While it's the other MW contenders that everyone considers most dangerous, Bisping can absolutely win this one, as much as I hate to say it.

Make no mistake, I'll be watching closely. GSP fights were always phenomenal - seeing someone absolutely dominate his opponents in every avenue of the game was mind-blowing, as was his ability to take anyone to deep waters in the area they were least comfortable in. Although he hasn't looked his best in a while - having arguably not been as explosive since his first ACL injury - it is that idea alone that makes his return all the more interesting. He is now potentially a mortal among his fellow men.
Hey man- feel like I haven't seen you in awhile

I'm a bit nervous too, as a fan.

I expect a five round fight, where Georges face gets busted up. I think Mike takes a decision by decently successful sprawl and brawl

I would absolutely take Georges over Tyron if he's in good form

Back