Thought experiment rd 4 Robert v Yoel

Stat wise for rd 4 Whittaker landed 32 and Romero landed 20 but put Whittaker on rubber legs so imo that pretty much evened out the rd. Rd 1 and 2 Whittaker, rd 3 10-8 Romero rd 4 draw and rd 5 10-8 Romero.

If you can't comprehend a few different scores being possible you are not too bright.

R1 10-9 RW
R2. 10-9 RW
R3. 10-9 YR, 10-8 YR
R4 10-9 RW, 10-9 YR, 10-10*
R5 10-9 YR, 10-8 YR

Final
48-47 RW
47-47
48-47 Yoel
47-46 Yoel
48-46 Yoel
48-45 Yoel
47-45 Yoel

* admittedly highly unlikely because 10-10 is almost never scored.

So in six out of eight state of the art scoring simulations romero wins. Which means i was right.

Okay would you give him one? and if you did which round would it be?
Rd 5 is the only round that could be considered a 10-8, if any at all.

Romero was too inactive in round 3 for it to be a 10-8. Not only that, Whittaker mounted a respectable offense. Romero definitely won the round, no doubt. But 10-8?

How was round 4 a draw? It's like the reverse of round 3. Whittaker handled most of the round, but Romero put up a respectable offense, even hurt Rob. But Rob dictated the action. 10-9 Whittaker.

I'm watching the fight right now, for the first time.

Rounds 1 and 2 are clearly Whittaker's...

Round 3 was clearly Romero's, and he won this round more dominantly than Whittaker won 1 or 2. However, it was most definitely 10-9. Whittaker was still in it the whole time, and gave a lot back. Anyone who says this is 10-8 Romero is displaying their bias. It's not even close to a 10-8 round...

Round 4 was Whittaker's, Romero's big punch at the end notwithstanding.

I'm calling bullshit on this "controversy" even before I watch the 5th. The worst it can be is a draw, if Romero gets a 10-8 5th. No way Romero won this fight.

Sherdog gonna Sherdog, I guess.

I think Romero won 3&5.2 rounds..
He lost...

Just watched the 5th round. To those that think it was 10-8...deleted 10-9! No way that was 10-8. You have to be extremely new or extremely biased to think that was 10-8. Way more dominant rounds routinely get scored 10-9.

It was a great fight, and exactly why a draw is a possible outcome. That shit was a draw. Neither guy won. Neither guy lost. Draw.

Run that shit back and let us be the winners again.

nobody is debating about round 4.

That's not true. A lot of people gave Romero 48, which implies winning 3 rounds. Which he didn't.

Giving him one or two 10-8s makes more sense, even if I disagree about round 3 being a 10-8. Even a bit about round 5. The output was so low that it was hardly that dominant. In fact, had it been that dominant, I think Romero would've actually finished Whitaker.

It's pointless.

Whittaker got the win end of story.

Romero is 41 and has fought twice already this year and Whittaker broke his thumb in that fight and will be out for some time.
There will be no roll back, it's over. Romero is already living on borrowed time.

The best thing everyone can do in this circumstance is move on with their lives.

Robert landed 30 strikes that didnt do anything.

Yoel landed 2 strikes that did something.

In conclusion, yoels strikes did something and robert's didnt. Therefore, I'll give yoel the round.

Back