Those three are greatest in modern MMA history

I would not include him until he fights Tj
That's fair, he will tho. And that is the best fight possible the UFC cpuld make. Skill for skill the matchup is insane. Love both guys styles and abilitys. Two finishers who can handle it everywhere the fight goes. Big fan of both but i got DJ by clear cut unanimous decision. Believe he has beaten and finished better grapplers then dillashaw and is too poised and calm on the feet to get caught and finished. Cant wait to see it tho

Jones has cheat in his pores. Conor hasnt cemented his legacy yet. GSP is a first ballot Valhalla resident.

Didn't say there's not good reasons to dismiss McGregor. However, Jones should be the first one dismissed, he has far less legitimacy as he's a proven cheat. His record means absolutely nothing. At least McGregor won his belts clean.

No, McGregor is first to be dismissed because he literally refused to defend any belts his entire career. Although Jones has been caught cheating, there is no way of knowing if he actually was cheating all throughout his career or not. We can speculate he was, but unless you are HIM you don't know. We DO know that Conor has refused to defend and to this day only has less than a handful of top 10 wins. At the very least, at least Jones fought some of the best in the world. Even if Jones was cheating the whole time, it is still a pretty amazing accomplishment, as I'm sure not just anyone can jump on PED's and do the same (IE Chael/Vitor).

People shit on Conor because of his personality

If he was more like Bj Penn they would've respect his accomplishments more

No, people shit on Conor because he holds up every division he is involved in. His lack of respect for the sport and fans (and fellow fighters) is also another reason many people don't like him. If BJ Penn decided to not defend for 2 years after winning the LW (or WW) belt but still claim to be the Champ and hold the division up, he'd get the same shit.

Also, Conor's "accomplishments" aren't very impressive. His only 2 accomplishments are winning 2 belts. Whoopie.

prince-no.gif

hahaha! exactly.

{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}

Jon "Bones" Jones: 8 championship defenses
Georges "Rush" St. Pierre: 9 championship defenses
Conor "The Notorious" McGregor: 0 championship defenses

{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}

Not only that but the totals are skewed even worse. Jones is 10-0 in title fights, 11-0 if you include his last fight with DC. GSP is what? 12-2 in title fights? That doesn't even sound real, he has also won 11 consecutive title fights and is 13-0 in his last 13 fights.

Conor, 0 defenses, 2 title fights won.

Not only that but the totals are skewed even worse. Jones is 10-0 in title fights, 11-0 if you include his last fight with DC. GSP is what? 12-2 in title fights? That doesn't even sound real, he has also won 11 consecutive title fights and is 13-0 in his last 13 fights.

I mean, I'd put Tyron Woodley ahead of Conor on the all-time list a this stage of the game...

Ignoring PEDs Jon and GSP are many many levels above Conor in terms of greatness

I mean, I'd put Tyron Woodley ahead of Conor on the all-time list a this stage of the game...

Tyron actually has a solid resume. That dude is no joke. I'm not a big fan but also not a hater. I wish he would knock someone out, those Wonderboy fights and then Maia was 3 fights in a row where people were left unsatisfied but yea, he knows how to win for sure. I also think he would murder Conor if Conor ever steps up for a shot at 170.

Give Conor time, he came in UFC just four years ago

You can't deny that's a lot of accomplishments in such a short period of time

Greatest as in best fighters? No. I'd say ignoring steroids my rankings would be:
(1) Jon
(2) MM
(3) Fedor -- I debated other guys here (DC, GSP, Silva) but that streak man... even if there are other guys more talented, arguably, to be able to put up a streak like that defies the injury and lucky shot odds like crazy.

(4) Khabib. He needs 2 wins to be top 3 imo. Tony, Conor. Striking is the area people keep bringing up thinking he could be exposed. Those are two of the best strikers and the two biggest names. They could turn his ridiculous record into something of legend. Dominate those two and... damn.

Greatest as in best fighters? No. I'd say ignoring steroids my rankings would be:
(1) Jon
(2) MM
(3) Fedor -- I debated other guys here (DC, GSP, Silva) but that streak man... even if there are other guys more talented, arguably, to be able to put up a streak like that defies the injury and lucky shot odds like crazy.

(4) Khabib. He needs 2 wins to be top 3 imo. Tony, Conor. Striking is the area people keep bringing up thinking he could be exposed. Those are two of the best strikers and the two biggest names. They could turn his ridiculous record into something of legend. Dominate those two and... damn.

Are you fucking high?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back