Those DTV movies with big stars that keep coming out? I want to find out if any of them don't suck.

I like having netflix but I can't just have netflix. I had to build a media server because I like a lot of 80's\90's movies and I want to make sure I have them for life regardless if Netflix wants to keep them on their library or not.
Yep. I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

These are the only movies Netflix carries now, along with the odd mainstream movie, because they just want to populate their entire roster with nothing but their own shows and movies and get the rest of them on the cheap. It's really annoying. I think I need to drop Netflix.

Definitely have to weed through a lot of dog shit in the recommendations. I suppose it at least usually does me the service of letting me know up front that these turds are a 56% match.

A lot of good things about it, and a few great moments. Kurt Angle as Fedor was actually really good and needless to say, Nick Nolte was on his game.

I could have done without frequent reaction shots from the Tapout Crew during the fights. It's like this serious movie still somehow felt beholden to the SpikeTV influence. And Kevin Dunn is a good actor, often even in terrible movies like Transformers 2, but the "principal secretly into MMA" angle was a bit much in the corny way it was executed.

These are pretty minor complaints though. It's close to as good as an MMA movie is ever going to be.

I think Warrior is really good but it's lacking something that I'd want in an MMA movie. I guess fun factor is the word. Bloodsport, for instance, despite having some legitimately dramatic moments is still a fun movie to watch, as I think that fighting movies should be.

Or Rocky might be a better example for you. The Rocky films--even the more dramatic first film--are just a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

I feel like Warrior, in its quest to be an MMA movie that would get legitimate respect from the critics, kind of forgot to be fun while it was at it. The tone is just a little too dour.

Back