this ultra aggressive brawling Chute Boxe style is a thing of the past

Yes this one gif proves that youre right.

That fucking logic

Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_5.gif

Here's another one for your tears.

Ive some highlights for you too.

The conditions were awful but the German marking was non existent all day so deserved to lose. Germany are efficient, that team was not so they deserved a loss. Slovakia are a tight unit too with some strong technical players. Hamsik is a world class player himself, I wouldn't mind Bayern bringing him in.

1/ Aldo is not chute boxe, and he is usually very calculated.

2/ Almeida is still young, he will learn from this. Not that this was a huge shocker anyway, most people saw the signs during the Pickett fight. He was very reckless and got hurt a few times, and with that style it was only a matter of time until he got laid out.

Aldo, nor Almeida are a primed up, reckless Wand or Shogun.

While they were killers in the Pride Ring I don't see a primed reckless Wand or Shogun beating any of the current top 5 LHW's (Jones, Cormier, Rumble, Glover, and Gus)

You're not allowed to inject aggression anymore so of course its gone.

If you've been watching MMA long enough, you'll know that everything goes in cycles. We have heard "Style x" is a thing of the past, then 5 years later a champ arrives.

Saying Chutebox is ultra aggressive brawling is like saying boxing is ultra aggressive brawling. The reality is that some fighters are making mistakes and getting beat. Their style isn't to blame. Their poor utilisation of the style is.
the_biting_pear_of_salamanca_by_ursulav.jpg

Yeah, it's the fighter, not the style. See, for example, Maia is doing it quite nicely lately.

While they were killers in the Pride Ring I don't see a primed reckless Wand or Shogun beating any of the current top 5 LHW's (Jones, Cormier, Rumble, Glover, and Gus)

Well, Wand was far past his prime when any of these guys became relevant, so that isn't surprising. Shogun is now shot so no, I don't see him beating any of the top guys either but they both beat great, top fighters while being extremely sloppy.

With Almeida getting put down like a dog by a counter puncher only months after Aldo getting put down like a dog by McGregor

it feels like this ultra aggressive Brazilian style of faux muay thai striking is at its end

When has Aldo ever really been the proto typical chute boxe style? Outside of throwing out the game plan and trying to rush in head first against conor. He's been very calculated and slower during his UFC run.

You should pay more attention.

1.gif
If you're going to go there then you can pretty much say that about any fighter that flurries as almost every fighter does this at some point.

The reality is that the Chute Boxe fighters were never quite as aggressive as the hype made them. You watch classic Wanderlei in Pride and its not like the first round of his match with Stann, its normally him biding his time until he lands a big shot then going kill crazy.

With Almeida getting put down like a dog by a counter puncher only months after Aldo getting put down like a dog by McGregor

it feels like this ultra aggressive Brazilian style of faux muay thai striking is at its end
Aldo isn't even from Chute Boxe camp.

Anyhow, I think it is more a lack of game planning and willingness to stick to a plan.

IN the end the fight looked like cody just got going and Thomas could never derail the train that coming at him.

If you're going to go there then you can pretty much say that about any fighter that flurries as almost every fighter does this at some point.

I do say that about most fighter's who go gung ho... Diego Sanchez and the old Chris Leben are different though as they have granite Chin's but it will catch up to them.

How can I explain this to you?

Have you ever watched Pokemon?

Back