This sport and these boxers are so disconnected from reality

Conor McGreggor is the greatest combat athlete of this decade, not even close, and I'm washing my mouth with soap after saying that.
He tries as hard as he can to get the best fights possible in the fastest way possible, regardless of how accomplished he gets prior.
I honestly hope he becomes a promoter after retirement.

Thurman/Porter was easy on the eyes as well.
Nothing wrong with being a fan

I'll say Floyd is the greatest combat athlete of our generation and decade .

Conor McGreggor is the greatest combat athlete of this decade, not even close, and I'm washing my mouth with soap after saying that.
He tries as hard as he can to get the best fights possible in the fastest way possible, regardless of how accomplished he gets prior.
Have to agree. Conor is nowhere near the best, but he does everything that a great combat athlete should do (self promotion, exciting, fighting often, etc)

Keef is the closest thing in boxing, but didnt have the same opportunity.

Thurman/Porter was easy on the eyes as well.
As was Salido/Vargas.

When good match ups get made they become good fights. The only exception was Crawford/Postol, but even that fight got a lot of press (despite shitty PPV numbers)

Be more especific, or you just wanted to slander his name, when floyd was active boxing was talked in mainstream media all the time, his last fight broke records. dont be a idiot!

He marketed himself based on his zero - that was his identity. It resulted in a very calculated career to protect the zero. Now fighters with 1/10 the talent are following the same tact and we're getting even worse results as fans. Floyd was so good he could still fight great fighters (though not prime ATGs) and protect his zero - other guys can't so we get shit fights.

This is a lot of nonsense. He was fighting midgets for ages.

Says the poster who can't muster a more intelligent response than that.

How is it Floyd's fault, though? He regularly fought elite opposition over 17 years. What kind of examples can you give that everyone is copying here? His main fighter is constantly fighting top opposition and has championship fight set up (Badou Jack).

How is it Floyd's fault, though? He regularly fought elite opposition over 17 years. What kind of examples can you give that everyone is copying here? His main fighter is constantly fighting top opposition and has championship fight set up (Badou Jack).

He marketed himself in large part based on his zero - that was his identity "47 have tried, 47 gave failed" etc. He also never fought a prime ATG who had a good chance to take that zero. Again he was so good that he could fight great fighters not quite at their best with little risk. But he started this trend and now not having a zero is some sort of major blemish.

Boxing fans don't dock ATG fighters for not having a zero. Only casuals do, but it's become the key marketing tool for fighters these days. And it started with Floyd.

I think the sport would look better had Castillo won the first fight (as he did).

He marketed himself in large part based on his zero - that was his identity "47 have tried, 47 gave failed" etc. He also never fought a prime ATG who had a good chance to take that zero. Again he was so good that he could fight great fighters not quite at their best with little risk. But he started this trend and now not having a zero is some sort of major blemish.

Boxing fans don't dock ATG fighters for not having a zero. Only casuals do, but it's become the key marketing tool for fighters these days. And it started with Floyd.

I think the sport would look better had Castillo won the first fight (as he did).

There was only one and it was Pacquiao, and we've gone through this many, many times. Can you address the fact that he regularly fought elite fighters over a 17 year career?

There was only one and it was Pacquiao, and we've gone through this many, many times. Can you address the fact that he regularly fought elite fighters over a 17 year career?

There was only one what?

Who are Floyd's 3 best wins? JMM? Smaller guy coming up a lot in weight. Castillo? He won. Pacquiao? 37 years old. ODH? Past his prime. Mosely? Past his prime. Hatton? Not an ATG.

His best wins don't stack up with other great fighters' greatest wins. But he has that zero.

People like Doug Fischer were picking Mosley. People didn't think he was shot until floyd took him to school.

There was only one what?

Who are Floyd's 3 best wins? JMM? Smaller guy coming up a lot in weight. Castillo? He won. Pacquiao? 37 years old. ODH? Past his prime. Mosely? Past his prime. Hatton? Not an ATG.

His best wins don't stack up with other great fighters' greatest wins. But he has that zero.

Besides whatever the fuck your argument just was, I want you to argue that he didn't face elite opposition from 1998 to 2015. I want you to really sketch that shit out and make it coherent, because that's what your entire previous post is based on.

Besides whatever the fuck your argument just was, I want you to argue that he didn't face elite opposition from 1998 to 2015. I want you to really sketch that shit out and make it coherent, because that's what your entire previous post is based on.
They were small, weight drained, all past achievements are rendered irrelevant if Floyd beats you, can't punch very hard, joe Cortez, lost a fight I've never seen, beats women.

I think I've covered all the bases he'll try for.

They were small, weight drained, all past achievements are rendered irrelevant if Floyd beats you, can't punch very hard, joe Cortez, lost a fight I've never seen, beats women.

You've saved a lot of time.

This is a lot of nonsense. He was fighting midgets for ages.
I don't know how anybody can say this with a straight face...
Is you're problem a reach advantage or something? Cause Floyd, Tyson Fury, Jon Bones, and many other champions had a reach advantage over almost all the opponents in their careers.

Conor made weight and he faught their well. You saying he's too big for it? so shouldn't he be too drained to fight then? nonsense

Have you even checked the FW roster? Jeremey Stephens is a LW, Frankie Edgar is a top 5 LW in history by everyone. Denis Siver is a WW, Dustin Poiror moved up to LW cause he couldn't make the cut long before Conor just moved up out of choice.

Wonder why nobody verbally attacked Shelftime Pettis nor Edgar for moving down to fight these same "midgets".

Tyson Fury is disconnected from boxing and reality.
Lol how did I miss this gem , too early ?

It's pretty sad what is happening to him . I am hoping it's his greatest troll job .

I hope Conner doesn't copy that part of Tyson furry . But I fear since he copies him pretty much on everything , that might be the announcement he is going make after his fight

He never fought an ATG fighter in his prime. Elite is fine, but none of the ATG fighters he fought were at their best.

As one of the most talented fighters ever, that's not a good precedent.

Again name the ATG fighters he fought at their best. I'm waiting.

You can't, because he hasn't.

Again. ATG fighters Floyd fought at their best. Go.

Or I'll make it easier for you. What were Floyd's three best wins? Compare those to other ATG fighters best wins. Yeah.

It's not clear to me why you're defending Floyd. You see what his legacy is on the sport, most recently with his protege Canelo denying us one of the best fights there is to be made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back