This sport and these boxers are so disconnected from reality

Again. ATG fighters Floyd fought at their best. Go.

Or I'll make it easier for you. What were Floyd's three best wins? Compare those to other ATG fighters best wins. Yeah.

It's not clear to me why you're defending Floyd. You see what his legacy is on the sport, most recently with his protege Canelo denying us one of the best fights there is to be made.
Yeah Canelo and Floyd chill all the time.

someone should buy the wbo, wba, wbc, ibf, and ibo then merge them all together, strip everyone, delete half of the weight classes and run it like the ufc

someone should buy the wbo, wba, wbc, ibf, and ibo then merge them all together, strip everyone, delete half of the weight classes and run it like the ufc
Yeah, that would work, somebody should see if Santa Claus and the Easter bunny are interested in doing that.

Why is JayElec's name pink?

He's not banned is he?

He came out recently. Now he has an alt named GAYelectra. Lol! Amirite, guys...?
So those dick pics he sent me weren't an "accident"?

Well fuck, now I feel bad.

Those re n effect, not a,cause, of boxing's promotional problems. As long as fans can accept four champions for every five pound increment, regardless of whom they defend their titles against, there will be sanctioning bodies popping up to collect fees and crown the #10 guy in the world as "Champ" for beating the #25 guy.

The weight classes are ok, there's too many boxers to have just 8 weight classes like the UFC. We'd just see a lot of horrible weight cuts and it would be very hard for the up and coming fighters to get to the elite. Also, superfights would be more rare because it would be harder to move up to the heavier division, too big of a jump in many cases like 125 to 135 or 155 to 170.

The weight classes are ok, there's too many boxers to have just 8 weight classes like the UFC. We'd just see a lot of horrible weight cuts and it would be very hard for the up and coming fighters to get to the elite. Also, superfights would be more rare because it would be harder to move up to the heavier division, too big of a jump in many cases like 125 to 135 or 155 to 170.
the only boxer moving up in weight for superfights is andre ward anyway so not much would change there

There are still some good fights, but unfortunately I pretty much agree with the TS. in the current climate I don't really see how we are going to get those classic trilogies with the top shelf fighters, last one I can think of is Pac and Marquez.

the only boxer moving up in weight for superfights is andre ward anyway so not much would change there
Frampton moved up to fight Santa Cruz.

Buts thats another issue with boxing. 4 lbs difference between weight classes is a joke.

Floyd had an influence on the sport in a lot of ways, both good and bad. There is definitely more attention on drug testing now, which is good. But when you become the richest athlete in the world by being risk averse and heavily promoting your undefeated record, of course it influences the next generation of fighters to do the same. It's not Floyd's "fault" that anybody is protecting their zero, but his financial success (that was largely built around his undefeated record) undoubtedly played a role in creating this ridiculous situation boxing is in now.

The big difference though, is that Floyd was talented enough to be risk averse while still fighting great fighters regularly. We now have guys who are not even that good being risk averse, which means they are fucking total fucking bums.

Floyd had an influence on the sport in a lot of ways, both good and bad. There is definitely more attention on drug testing now, which is good. But when you become the richest athlete in the world by being risk averse and heavily promoting your undefeated record, of course it influences the next generation of fighters to do the same. It's not Floyd's "fault" that anybody is protecting their zero, but his financial success (that was largely built around his undefeated record) undoubtedly played a role in creating this ridiculous situation boxing is in now.

The big difference though, is that Floyd was talented enough to be risk averse while still fighting great fighters regularly. We now have guys who are not even that good being risk averse, which means they are fucking total fucking bums.

Well to be fair, he defends Canelo and calls out GGG to move up (thereby allowing Canelo to go to MW) so he is having a negative effect on the best fighting the best even today.

But overall I agree.

Floyd isn't the richest athlete in the world though.

having said that, everything else is on point.

Floyd isn't the richest athlete in the world though.

having said that, everything else is on point.

Who is the richest athlete in the world? I'm talking about active athletes, not guys like Michael Jordan. According to everything that I have seen, Floyd Mayweather is quite a bit wealthier than everybody else (Tiger is close).

A lot of people think it must be Federer or Ronaldo, but Floyd has about double Ronaldo or Federer's net worth (again, according to estimates).

Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 8.24.57 PM.png

Back