This Is The Perfect Time For The UFC To Launch 165 & 175 Divisions

More weightclasses = thinning out the best divisions currently. FUCK NO.

GSP is back for exotic fights. He never lost his 170 title and Tyron Woodley is the current 170 Kingpin. Let them meet at 175 to inaugurate a new division.

The 170 division will be considered "retired" because the GOAT of that division is starting a new legacy. It will be like other sports retiring a legend's number.

Fighters like Darren Till, Kelvin Gastelum, Johnny Hendricks and many others are better suited to fight at 175.

Guys like Kevin Lee, Donald Cerrone, Alex Oliveira and many others are better suited for 165.

It is the perfect time to pull this move smoothly.
jake-no.gif

"Never" is the right time. We don't need more divisions.

If you wanna add 165 and 175, why stop there? Why not keep adding and adding and adding them, until there's one for every pound of weight? Why isn't enough enough already?

Yeah, exactly what the UFC need... more titles to never get defended.

All we need is 155, 185 and HW. That's it.

jake-no.gif

"Never" is the right time. We don't need more divisions.

If you wanna add 165 and 175, why stop there? Why not keep adding and adding and adding them, until there's one for every pound of weight? Why isn't enough enough already?
The more fights, the better for me. If they could have 7 Billion divisions, I will be okay with it. If they could have a card everyday, I would be in heaven.

I watch all UFC stuff. So, the more the better for me. If it is too much for you, too each his own.

The more fights, the better for me. If they could have 7 Billion divisions, I will be okay with it. If they could have a card everyday, I would be in heaven.

I watch all UFC stuff. So, the more the better for me. If it is too much for you, too each his own.
More divisions doesn't mean more fights. Fighters aren't created every time a new division is created. Fighters are just people like you and me. They have to be born, grow up, and become fighters.

What more divisions does do, is create more DIVISIONS. Divisions between fighters, stopping them from fighting each other. I don't want that. I wanna see the best fight the best. Your example is actually perfect; if there were 7 billion divisions, there would be 0 fighters in most divisions. Some divisions would have 1 fighter in, who'd automatically be champion, but would have no one to fight. Rare divisions would have 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 fighters, but even they'd have to fight each other repeatedly.

Back