This Is The Perfect Time For The UFC To Launch 165 & 175 Divisions | Page 3

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Franc Mittelo, Nov 9, 2017.

1. ccc_halliway UFC Fight Night: Covington vs. Perry: Bad Boyz

ccc_halliway
    Not enough talent to fill the division though. 205's shallow enough as it is

Kung Fu Tze likes this.
  2. Toco Steel Belt

Toco
    agree, 165 175 would be great. it's time

barados likes this.
  3. Franc Mittelo Green Belt

Franc Mittelo
    GSP hadn't fought for 4 years, and he left at a critical time in the UFC, when the promotion was transitioning into a new generation of fighters. The PPV still did pretty well.

You have already said that most UFC fans are not that knowledgeable, if that is true, how does an interim belt further confuse them? All they know is there will be a fight. if they like the fighter, they will watch, if they don't, they won't. So, the projected negative impact of adding the 165 and 175 divisions is not based on anything real.

The more belts there are the more chances for certain fighters to get a shine.

I will stop there, because it is obvious that you have a personal negative attitude towards two more divisions, and so you are looking at it from a doomsday perspective. However, for every negative thing you say, there is an equally positive side.

It all depends on personal outlook. The sport is based on celebrity. Naturally, the fans will remember celebrity champions whether there is 1000 divisions or 1. Those fighters who can fight and promote will be at the forefront, those who can't, will be ignored. This phenomenon is not "how many divisions there are" dependent.

MastiffMike likes this.
  4. ChachiKiller Brown Belt

ChachiKiller
    Two divisions only. Male and female!!

5. Tonycpa Gold Belt

Tonycpa
    You can't possibly thin down the LHW and HE divisions any further.

Kung Fu Tze likes this.
  6. MastiffMike The BIG dog is here

MastiffMike
    One thing mentioned by some as a negative of adding more divisions is Interim belts. In reality, the addition of more divisions will make it easier to avoid the creation of Interim belts. The UFC wants PPVs to be headlined by title fights and sometimes that's required the creation of a belt just so a fight can be called a title fight. If there's more divisions then there are more options for more title fights.

Now, there have been cases where an Interim belt was created due to injury (or because Conor's off doing whateva da fook he wants) but again, cards could be more easily headlined by a title fight if there are more divisions that have a title that could be defended.

Oh, and one more thing about class limits:
    The ABC has approved 165, 175, 225 and they've been added to the Unified Rules of MMA. Whether a promotion implements them or not is up to the promotion, but the UFC isn't going to randomly create a division at some non-approved weight class (i.e. 160 or 141 or some such nonsense).

7. VVarhead Bullet Belt

VVarhead
    Nobody wants more weightclasses.

8. Raksas Blue Belt

Raksas
    More weightclasses = thinning out the best divisions currently. FUCK NO.

9. johncola Black Belt

johncola
    [​IMG]

"Never" is the right time. We don't need more divisions.

If you wanna add 165 and 175, why stop there? Why not keep adding and adding and adding them, until there's one for every pound of weight? Why isn't enough enough already?

10. Organic Damage Alive and ticking inside

Organic Damage
    Yeah, exactly what the UFC need... more titles to never get defended.

Sakuraba7 likes this.
  11. Herwald Blue Belt

Herwald
    All we need is 155, 185 and HW. That's it.

12. Franc Mittelo Green Belt

Franc Mittelo
    The more fights, the better for me. If they could have 7 Billion divisions, I will be okay with it. If they could have a card everyday, I would be in heaven.

I watch all UFC stuff. So, the more the better for me. If it is too much for you, too each his own.

13. johncola Black Belt

johncola
    More divisions doesn't mean more fights. Fighters aren't created every time a new division is created. Fighters are just people like you and me. They have to be born, grow up, and become fighters.

What more divisions does do, is create more DIVISIONS. Divisions between fighters, stopping them from fighting each other. I don't want that. I wanna see the best fight the best. Your example is actually perfect; if there were 7 billion divisions, there would be 0 fighters in most divisions. Some divisions would have 1 fighter in, who'd automatically be champion, but would have no one to fight. Rare divisions would have 2 or 3 or maybe even 4 fighters, but even they'd have to fight each other repeatedly.