This Is The Perfect Time For The UFC To Launch 165 & 175 Divisions

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GSP is back for exotic fights. He never lost his 170 title and Tyron Woodley is the current 170 Kingpin. Let them meet at 175 to inaugurate a new division.

The 170 division will be considered "retired" because the GOAT of that division is starting a new legacy. It will be like other sports retiring a legend's number.

Fighters like Darren Till, Kelvin Gastelum, Johnny Hendricks and many others are better suited to fight at 175.

Guys like Kevin Lee, Donald Cerrone, Alex Oliveira and many others are better suited for 165.

It is the perfect time to pull this move smoothly.

That 165 division could potentially be fireworks.

if they add more weight classes they should do it under 155. 125, 131, 138, 146. in the future there will be many more small fighters because they cant go to other pro sports.

Everybody trying to cut up the UFC and sell it like bologna.

Don't think we really need some more lighter classes. But would be fine with 225.

Men's divisions should be

What is the point? People like Till, Ferguson, Khabib and McGregor etc are just going to abuse the weight cutting system anyway, and appear at least a weight class above their respected opponents... it isn't going to change anything.

Till should at least be at middleweight, Lee hasn't missed weight yet, so he is okay at 155, same with McGregor and Ferguson. I would give fighters to shots at making weight in the specific division, if they were to fail two times, it would be time to force them up.

Oh God, please no
You hardcore fans need to move with the times and leave nostalgia behind. The "there are already too many divisions" excuse is just lame.

There are some disciplined fighters who are too big for 155 but too small for 170, and some who are too big for 170 but too small for 185. The pool of male talent from 135 to 185 is DEEP.

The "too many champions already" excuses doesn't cut it for me. The days of "open weight" UFC are long gone, and not coming back, get over it. LOL

You hardcore fans need to move with the times and leave nostalgia behind. The "there are already too many divisions" excuse is just lame.

There are some disciplined fighters who are too big for 155 but too small for 170, and some who are too big for 170 but too small for 185. The pool of male talent from 135 to 185 is DEEP.

The "too many champions already" excuses doesn't cut it for me. The days of "open weight" UFC are long gone, and not coming back, get over it. LOL

Don't become boxing man

Not enough talent anyway

Could live with

160*

Max.

Last edited:
The best thing about adding 165 & 175 would be that GSP becomes a 4 division champion. Is 65 Junior WW and 75 Junior MW? or are they Super LW and Super WW?

I could live with

Don't become boxing man

Not enough talent anyway

Could live with

160*

Max.
All your points are weak. The UFC already has 10 lb gaps from 125 to 155, so why not maintain that from 155 to 185. It is only 2 new weight classes. Also, the problem with boxing is not the weight classes, it is the fact that the sport is not centralized and everybody is his own boss, so the fights that should be made never get made.

The UFC on the other hand is MMA. For now, the best fights can still be made. However, it is getting harder and harder, and it will eventually become boxing. This can't be avoided.

There is fighting talent. If you are looking for mainstream pop-stars, maybe not, but if you are looking for talented fighters, the pool is deep.

So, you want to make a more complicated change with 150, 160 and 170. Makes no sense. 165 and 175 are much easier changes to make. Plus, you have the old versus new champion to launch the 175 division, in what is a great story line being served a silver platter.

If I am Dana White and WME, I pull the trigger now while GSP and Woodley are hot. It is such a great storyline and smooth transition. GSP and Woodley closing the chapter on 170, and starting a new undisputed 175 division. Hollywood couldn't write a better story.

Irs fine like it is, stupid to cut WW and LW in half for a new, shitty division.

Look at Woodley Hendricks Gsp and Costa and tell me those guys cover 2 weight classes

I like ts idea

no.

More weight classes is the last thing in the world the UFC needs right now.

Multi-division champs would no longer be special.

Back