This is the first time conor chose a fight based on emotion

tony had the title but conor wouldnt fight him
Tony is one of the easier of the top lw's for Conor to fight. Tony gets hit a lot and doesn't really wrestle. We saw how bad he reacts to being rocked (aka slipping on the logo). Most of his subs come off guys trying to grapple with him. Conor would just sit on the outside picking him apart with counters. The days of the flashy contender mcgregor are over. The alverez fight was an example of no bullshit Conor.

I have seen Conor crack boners at weigh ins before. He’s been emotional for a few of his fights IMO.

are you serious? who else would he fight after basically handing over the title to khabib?

please don't say floyd
If I was him I would've retired after making fuck you money. Much respect for taking a fight he had no reason to take.

If I was him I would've retired after making fuck you money. Much respect for taking a fight he had no reason to take.
he's still young, what else is he gonna do with the rest of his life? why not strike while the iron is hot

and why go out on a loss. he also loves to spend so who knows how much he's got left

These threads are getting dumber by the day!

Fighting Chad Mendes as a switch up opponent, on an injured knee with minimal wrestling focus during camp does not constitute favorable circumstance

There's a reason champs choose to decline last minute opponents, remember Jones even passed on Sonnen
yup, Nate at 170 as well

both huge risks

Conor has fought the best. But when he wins they are no longer the best, and he ducked ABC..

Sherdog 101..
And you are the one who backed out of a bet I had with you.....Not 100% confident in your boy, it seems....

So why are you still yapping about how good he is?

If he beats Khabib, I think we're gonna see Conor-Floyd II.

I guess he needs a belt to push for that fight with an ounce of credibility.

i have always believed Conor is the product of favorable matchups, great skill, and a little bit of luck. He avoided wrestlers and when he finally fought chad it was favorable circumstances. He avoided cub and Frankie and picked Diaz over higher ranked opponents.

That being said conor has avoided this khabib fight at all costs until the Artem incident. Conor is now pissed and wants revenge even tho he could easily fight Diaz again for a giant payday and less risk. His emotions have thrown off his usual method of picking fights and may bite him in the ass.

Now if conor pulls this shit off (in any way) I will stop claiming he’s overrated and admit I was wrong. I will stop hating on conor. But I think he’s been avoiding wrestlers for a reason and khabib will smash
Me too TS! Holy shit. I was in an Eddie Alvarez thread yesterday and I had an epiphany. I'd rather not share until post fight because I'm 100% certain I'm going to be looked at as a crazy, but I've changed my pick. Conor by KO, completely based on a feeling I got in my gut. My brain says Khabib mauls him, but we're going to listen to the heart on this one.

He's only doing it to get back the money he lost/potentially stands to lose from the bus attack.

He's so afraid of talking shit he won't do media so he won't be quoted.

Taking a fight against a high level wrestler on short notice when he was preparing for a striker is favorable? Let's just hope Khabib doesn't pull out.

It’s the event of Khabib’s career.

This fight is happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back