this is how champions should behave.

I respect the honesty. If you're a classy guy, show it and be it. Personally, I prefer those characters. Nothing worse than a shitty, forced trash talk. Good luck to both of them guys, still rooting for Max, though.

I rather count 125 real MMA fans than adding all those brain dead fairweather fans who are trash.
If you look at the sport of MMA future, it is better in the long run to cater to them.

And besides, I disagree with your numbers.
Silva, GSP, Fedor... they could all fill in stadiums at a time where MMA had much less coverage, and without throwing dollies at buses or screaming & cursing the opponent.
And those fans liked those fighters and the sport of MMA, not just a trashy personna.
While I agree us hardcore fans would much rather the old days and I also believe the sport has lost a lot of appeal. A company must change with the times and unfortunately with attention spans dwindling these days it takes a different approach to garner long term interest with the incoming fan base. It's been stated many times how quickly a fighter is dismissed after a loss.
Back in the day fighters weren't held to such high short term standards. Their careers were judged as a whole not by yesterday's tweet.

The difference in personalities is what makes this sport more exciting. I wouldnt want everyone acting the same.

The difference in personalities is what makes this sport more exciting. I wouldnt want everyone acting the same.
This, plus Sherdog be hella boring if they were all so respectful.

giphy.gif

While I agree us hardcore fans would much rather the old days and I also believe the sport has lost a lot of appeal. A company must change with the times and unfortunately with attention spans dwindling these days it takes a different approach to garner long term interest with the incoming fan base. It's been stated many times how quickly a fighter is dismissed after a loss.
Back in the day fighters weren't held to such high short term standards. Their careers were judged as a whole not by yesterday's tweet.
Agreed.
People are way too fast to laud the next guy "GOAT" when they barely got a belt. then he loses, they jump to the next guy.
A career was built, not fast-tracked because the fighter had a big mouth.

Amazing fighters don't need to trash talk.
<Fedor23>

time stamped.

<{silvanormal}>

Yes! This is good to see...two guys willing to go to war but know in the end thery re just two men trying to provide for their families..some real true martial artist shit being displayed here ..

Nothing wrong with wanting to fight the best when there at their best health wise..hats off to Ortega for that ..if he wins he will know he earned it

But at the end of the day

IT IS WHAT IT IS

BLESSED ERA LETS GO

Holloway is too much for Tcity

Yes! This is good to see...two guys willing to go to war but know in the end thery re just two men trying to provide for their families..some real true martial artist shit being displayed here ..

Nothing wrong with wanting to fight the best when there at their best health wise..hats off to Ortega for that ..if he wins he will know he earned it

But at the end of the day

IT IS WHAT IT IS

BLESSED ERA LETS GO

Holloway is too much for Tcity
Love your enthusiasm, and feel 100% the same way on all accounts!

Back