Things to take away from tonight.

Jackson have him on that bones Jones powerlifting program

Lessons from tonight co and main , dont go full retard mode on the first round vs experienced champions.

This. Volkan and Francis fought so out of character that it wasn't even funny, but I guess that's what happens when relatively inexperienced guys go up against veteran champs in title fights. Both of them went out hard and emptied their gas tanks chasing the KO in the first round, and that just doesn't work against hardened vets like DC and Miocic. You gotta stay patient, stick to your game and what got you there, and work the setups. There's 5 rounds, use them well.

1. The UFC signed HBO boxing marketing crew from 1999 (i.e. put all your eggs in one fighter, rather than make entertaining fights).

2. Cardio is the most underrated aspect of the sport.

3. When an NFL team gets blown out in the playoffs (or a college team getting whopped in a Bowl), everyone gets fired. It's time for Dana to go to Bellator.

4. Speaking of Bellator, Pico is still very interesting to watch.

5. Telling DC that he has to go up is as futile as telling MM that he has to go up.

6. Popcorn is a breakfast food

Did I say he wasn't technical at all? Learn how to read.

Ngannou’s skill level in MMA is nowhere near what Tyson’s boxing acumen regardless of power. To make that comparison is retarded.

Ngannou’s skill level in MMA is nowhere near what Tyson’s boxing acumen regardless of power. To make that comparison is retarded.

Yet you are comparing a Fedor from 10+ years ago who had 2 dozen fights under his belt to a dude with only a few years of experience under his belt.

So don't get on your high horse when you are clearly making some dumb ass statements.

Ngannou can definitely improve,but I wonder how he will be matched up next. I mean theres not much left for him to test himself on below the big 3. We all know he can clean up below that.

Yet you are comparing a Fedor from 10+ years ago who had 2 dozen fights under his belt to a dude with only a few years of experience under his belt.

So don't get on your high horse when you are clearly making some dumb ass statements.

A dude who is fighting at that level should have some speck of knowledge. It’s not necessarily a knock on Ngannou and more of a knock on the poor state of the division. That someone with that low of skill and lacking that much knowledge made his way to the top.

Never seen a corner warm a guy up between rounds in that situation.

A dude who is fighting at that level should have some speck of knowledge. It’s not necessarily a knock on Ngannou and more of a knock on the poor state of the division. That someone with that low of skill and lacking that much knowledge made his way to the top.

It's combat sports dude, anything can happen at any time. Especially at the HW division when 1 punch can end a fight.

Ngannou beat everyone that was placed in front of him, Stipe recently beat the majority of the top five in his division and as a result of all that, this fight made the most sense.

Also, while the HW division lacks depth, you still have 3 HWs in the division that I think are better than any heavyweight in any other era. Cain, Stipe and Werdum absolutely crush prime any Pride Era HW.

It's combat sports dude, anything can happen at any time. Especially at the HW division when 1 punch can end a fight.

Ngannou beat everyone that was placed in front of him, Stipe recently beat the majority of the top five in his division and as a result of all that, this fight made the most sense.

Also, while the HW division lacks depth, you still have 3 HWs in the division that I think are better than any heavyweight in any other era. Cain, Stipe and Werdum absolutely crush prime any Pride Era HW.

Styles make fights. Mirko is a nightmare matchup for Cain, Stipe and Werdum. I think Cain and Stipe would beat Fedor and Nog.

Styles make fights. Mirko is a nightmare matchup for Cain, Stipe and Werdum. I think Cain and Stipe would beat Fedor and Nog.

If both fighters are clean, I don't think Cain has much trouble with Cro Cop.

Ngannou can definitely improve,but I wonder how he will be matched up next. I mean theres not much left for him to test himself on below the big 3. We all know he can clean up below that.

Hes lost now so alot of fighters are going to try their luck.

What I got out of tonight is the same thing I got out of the last card. Somehow fighters are MORE susceptible to getting hugged, humped and laid on now than they were ten years ago, and a lot more fighters are going out of their way to take this approach, even with no wrestling background.

If the UFC does die in five years, this will be the reason, not any of the other ones someone posts daily. It's like they don't realize in today's world people have more entertainment options than ever and get bored quicker than ever.

Wrong. Tyson was technically gifted. You have no clue what you are talking about.
^^^^^^^ This. I hate it when people talk about Mike Tyson like he was some brawling power puncher. He was insanely fast and defensively sound.

So are we supposed to discredit Francis' wins because he knocked them out instead of winning in other ways?

Mike Tyson wasnt the most technically gifted boxer, and Yeah, he was a top guy because he punched hard.

Oh and by the way, prime Fedor vs this Ngannou could have also been KTFO as well.
Wrong, and wrong. Prime Fedor beats Ngannou 10 times out of 10.

Well he was talking about boxing leading up to this fight, so he might give that a try with Zuffa boxing. Cain and Werdum right now do the same thing Stipe did.

Back