"They want to retire me." - Lyoto Machida

Lyoto clearly landed the better strikes in their first fight.
Rua has done horrible in the UFC. No more PRIDE juice.

Maybe it was the other way around? UFC did not have any real testing either, after USADA started suspending people I thought that the pride juice argument would finally be put to rest.

He's still young enough. Look how old Cormier is. I remember before USADA guys around that late 30 age who were taking shit were fucking dudes up because they didn't lose their experience and that played a huge factor in Henderson, Silva etc..

If Bellator doesnt give a shit about it then that would be a good place for him. He is still a tough fight for anybody. If you can't figure him out or cant get your shot to connect you're screwed.
Its not age as a number. Its his fighting style relies on things he doesnt have anymore. That last fight he had,he barely won and the prospects for the future dont look good.

"They" want to retire you. We want you to retire. And, worst of all, YOU don't want to FIGHT. You want to play touch karate and run away. You seldom throw combinations. You do one "touch" and dance out of danger. THAT ISN'T FIGHTING.
Machidas style is awesome. The complexities and hidden layers and thousandfold dimensions is too much for your feeble mind to comprehend

His time is up go to Bellator have no business in UFC anymore go to easier business they won't stop you fighting

Move in and bang with him. Shogun figured it out twice.
You need tremendous speed (shogun)
And good footwork/pressure (weidman) to pull that off.

Even then its no walk in the park. Weidman started to get tired in the 3rd trying to cut that man off.

Yeah.. he should go to Bellator. He is getting killed at the top of the UFC division.

A rematch with Mousasi would be fun.

Good idea, he could be champ there.

Don't see it in the UFC, although i am big fan.

Even then its no walk in the park. Weidman started to get tired in the 3rd trying to cut that man off.

Sadly, the current Machida is distinctly different from the one who fought Weidman.

MMA is too hard on the brain to keep doing it when you're losing. Not sure what motivates the old guard to keep going (besides money).

He's still young enough. Look how old Cormier is. I remember before USADA guys around that late 30 age who were taking shit were fucking dudes up because they didn't lose their experience and that played a huge factor in Henderson, Silva etc..

If Bellator doesnt give a shit about it then that would be a good place for him. He is still a tough fight for anybody. If you can't figure him out or cant get your shot to connect you're screwed.
If Vitor could still be on TRT, I have no doubt he would be a serious contender if not been a champion by now. TRTor could only be stopped by Silva. Even there, a rematch would be amazing.
It's rare and intriguing to see experience and prime physical ability combined.

I love lyoto machida

I think if Lyoto won the belt, he would argue MW GOAT given his age and what he's accomplished. I don't see it happening, though. Father time does its thing.
No one would be happier than me but he barely got by this dude i never heard of,who almost put lyoto away several times. Theres no way he can cut it now against the likes of romero and bobby knuckles

“They want to retire me, but I don’t want to be retired,” Machida said during the UFC 224 pre-fight presser in Rio de Janeiro (transcript via MMAjunkie). “I have more fights. I have more years. I believe that. Because the verb that I like to say here, it’s not about ‘can,’ but about ‘want.’ If you want something, you can get it. That’s what I put in my mind.”

At 39 years of age, Machida is still looking to face elite competition, as he looks to use his losing streak as motivation to get back on track.

“It’s different because I feel more confident now. I feel like I can give my best,” Machida said. “Because, when you have no options – only victory – you feel a lot of pressure over your shoulders. But once you release everything, it’s showtime. It’s time to show everything I have.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/3/...machida-retire-dont-wan-middleweight-mma-news

I think if Lyoto won the belt, he would argue MW GOAT given his age and what he's accomplished. I don't see it happening, though. Father time does its thing.
I would love to see Machida for years to come.
But it is nerve wrecking see him not be as fast as he was, getting KO'd by people he could have smoked in his days....

Machida is a great fighter but he was figured out by Shogun and he pissed hot in the UFC. He isn’t a GOAT LHW or MW.

(Ps Shogun probably roided in Pride but that was legal under Pride contracts)

Machida is a great fighter but he was figured out by Shogun and he pissed hot in the UFC. He isn’t a GOAT LHW or MW.

(Ps Shogun probably roided in Pride but that was legal under Pride contracts)
No one cares. War Machida

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back