*There isn't a big size difference between Rory and Mousasi, do you believe size would be relevant?*

They are both very talented. One is bigger.

The bigger guy is going to win.

Mousasi will be around 200 lbs when the cage closes. No way Rory gets anywhere near that.

Rory has never fought anyone above 170, Gegard fought Mark Hunt at fucking heavyweight.

Moose is going to manhandle Rory

Rory was close to 200 during his metamoris match against jt torres:

he's probably not far off and only needs to do a small cut

Mousasi will be around 200 lbs when the cage closes. No way Rory gets anywhere near that.

Rory has never fought anyone above 170, Gegard fought Mark Hunt at fucking heavyweight.

Moose is going to manhandle Rory

I think Gegard is too good for him in standup, so it will depend on if Rory can keep him on his back. And I agree about them probably being close to the same size, I don't think Mousasi cuts much weight.

Edit: i know he was a LHW at one point but he probably cut next to no weight. I think Gegard will be the bigger of the two but not by a huge amount.
I think Rory's only chance to win is on the feet. On the ground he won't be able to keep top position on Moose. Moose swept Weidman, a full-sized MW and elite top player. If Rory ends up underneath Moose the fight will be as good as over.

I do not have a favorite to win in this fight; but size is always relevant.

I think there is a significant size difference, 35 lbs in the pics below. There will be a 10+ pound weight difference on fight night which is significant for 185ers.

Mousasi at 205:
gegard-mousasi.jpg

Rory at 170
macdonald_rory_bellator-1040x572.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-17_21-32-10.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-17_21-32-10.jpeg
    5.9 KB · Views: 1
Love both fighters. I'm giving the edge to Moose, but won't be shocked if Rory takes it. Looking forward to the fight regardless.

the size difference is pretty noticeable, actually.

and the bigger guy also happens to be taller.

if you had trouble with that second sentence, you're part of the problem.

Rory will be a game opponent. i think his chances of winning are very low, but not impossible. Mousasi +260 is a very good bet.

There appears to be a full weight class size difference to me.

Mousasi wins this fight easily, no idea how people are giving Rory a chance. Mousasi is bigger, going to dominate the striking, and has a better ground game. Chris Weidman couldn't do shit to Mousasi on the ground how is Rory?

Back