The WWE dropped the ball with MVP

VanMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
MVP_bio.jpg

MVP was a great in-ring performer and could've been one of WWE's biggest stars. He was also charismatic and had huge levels of heat when he was a heel. Why didn't WWE give him the world title reign he deserved?

I think he was given the spot that fit him. He never struck me as a superstar top tier talent.

If you don't inject Vince with steroids and then suck him off you don't get a push.

He had a pretty good gimmick at a time when they were throwing everything they could at the walls to make new stars. This was a time when JBL and Jeff Hardy got the strap. I certainly think he could have had a good and memorable run with the IC or US title (He held one or both, righr.) I think he was limited by the character (especially flipping over to a face) and the nature of his criminal background. I'd see him as a mid-carder if he showed up today.

He was starting to take off a bit with his Benoit feud.... but well....

The story was that around 2008, MVP made a degrading comment about a person performing a random drug test for the company and they buried him, he never recovered from the burial.

Maybe but I'm more concerned with how they treated other wrestlers. Like Shelton Benjamin.

Benjamin was a guy who was every bit of the monster they claimed Lesnar to be.

Maybe but I'm more concerned with how they treated other wrestlers. Like Shelton Benjamin.

Benjamin was a guy who was every bit of the monster they claimed Lesnar to be.
Too bad he didn't have any charisma and outside of ladder spots, was not a memorable wrestler.

Too bad he didn't have any charisma and outside of ladder spots, was not a memorable wrestler.
Maybe if he wasn't given shitty characters. Maybe if he was put in a storyline that mattered more than a few weeks. It's easy to say someone has no charisma when he told to dye his hair blonde and to come out with his momma. Imagine if they did that with Lesnar instead of pairing him with Heyman.

Seriously imagine it. Lesnar isn't treated like a monster. He is put in a gimmick where he dresses like a geek superhero and he is shit on by every character.

Maybe if he wasn't given shitty characters. Maybe if he was put in a storyline that mattered more than a few weeks. It's easy to say someone has no charisma when he told to dye his hair blonde and to come out with his momma. Imagine if they did that with Lesnar instead of pairing him with Heyman.

Seriously imagine it. Lesnar isn't treated like a monster. He is put in a gimmick where he dresses like a geek superhero and he is shit on by every character.
He debuted as an Angle protege, had a serious team, didn't so dumb shit, beat Triple H on his first night on Raw and was always in the IC title hunt all before Shelton's mama and being the gold standard.

He was boring, the only shit we do remember of him is his mama and doing ladder spots.

He debuted as an Angle protege, had a serious team, didn't so dumb shit, beat Triple H on his first night on Raw and was always in the IC title hunt all before Shelton's mama and being the gold standard.

He was boring, the only shit we do remember of him is his mama and doing ladder spots.
Man don't quote me with your bullshit. You know they stopped and started and stopped.

Man don't quote me with your bullshit. You know they stopped and started and stopped.
So his first run as serious Shelton the amateur wrestler didn't happen?

Man get the fuck outta here with your revisionist history, just because you had a hard on for the guy, doesn't stop him from being boring as fuck, even his podcast appearances are boring now.

The story was that around 2008, MVP made a degrading comment about a person performing a random drug test for the company and they buried him, he never recovered from the burial.
I googled it and I found out some info about that situation. I guess that was the reason he was put on such a big jobbing streak.

Honestly, I'm not much of an WWE expert but my friend is and he told me that MVP was quite the partier as well. Do you think that hindered his push as well?

Did u actually watch wwe at that time? He was given his chances. Had no charisma and didn't get over.

Back