The WRAP - Wario Ranting About Podcasts

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by warriorscomeout, Jul 6, 2017.

1. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    A list of podcasts I listen to, have listened to and will not listen to.

Update:4.11.17

Main-eventers:
    • LAW Radio -great post event summaries, knowledgeable dudes, good interviews, generally excellent apart from the NXT hipster review which is 70% talking about living in a basement in Canada and Tinder (I'm not joking). ON HIATUS and the original cast all seems to have been fired. LOOK below for link to the first new show from Wai and John.
    • MLW- worse but good still version of the main LAW show.
    • Jim Cornette Experience- much better with Last.
    • JC Drive-Thru- as above.
    • Konnan Keeping it 100- lots of ribbing and some very bad ads as well as politics from Disco but a lot of content and humor.
    • What Happened When- Conrad keeps Schiavone in line for sex jokes even if he has no real insight and knowledge.
    • Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard- shitty lawyer ads and a lot of shilling but plenty of knowledge and wisdom. Schiavone is more honest but lacks the insider knowledge Bruce is concealing.
    • 605- best podcast out there but it's only really about pre80s wrestling. Usually LATE because Last overbooked himself.
    • Booking The Territory- 3 cool guys discuss SMW and NWA wrestling (am Patreon).
    • Simon Miller's Pro-Wrestling Podcast - sarcastic British dude, that's what I sound like when drunk.
    • Eastern Lariette- Strigga is cool and its good to get into NJPW during G1 season.
    • Ron Fuller's Studcast- VERY VERY old stories but cool. The co-host is shit though and obviously has a shitty radio background.
    Midcarders:
    • Lucha Talk- cool, might get upgraded but I don't watch Mexican wrestling. Just listen to hear the shennanigans that AAA gets up to. Sardonic subtle tone.
    • The Raven Effect- meanders too much and tries too hard not to give a fuck. As in lazy. Might downgrade to jabroni soon.
    • How2Wrestling - Kefin is not funny, thinks he is, bursts into laughing fits with his pliant gf and often pisses me off. Completely scripted despite pretending not to be
    • E&C of Awesomeness- somebody tell them that kid stories are boring even for other parents. Getting a bit better thanks to Tommy. Fuck the Podcast One cross advertising with some fucking football/basketball/general bullshit.
    • Sonnen- can't tell the difference between Samartino and Hogan and his politics are shit but he does have some cool guests and certain introspection. Fuck the Podcast One cross advertising with some fucking football/basketball/general bullshit.
    • Killing the town with Storm and Cyrus - too many ads but some good stories and perspective. Cyrus is cool for a dude who is the definition of midcarder. Fuck the Podcast One cross advertising with some fucking football/basketball/general bullshit.
    • Dinner with the King - stories from Lawlers dinner. 1 hour long. Fun, might upgrade, probably will if he keeps up the quality.
    • Wrestling Podcast About Nothing - funny dudes do lists. Pity that the intro wants me to kill somebody. What the fuck is the intro from? Somebody enlighten me.
    Jabronis (don't listen):
    • Stone Cold- boring ranch stories and killed Piper. Fuck him and his deer shit/roided rats.
    • JR- shitty shilling, ass kissing and impersonations.
    • Wrestlezone- Russo aesthetics in 2017. As in fucking dubstep intro.
    • The Sheet- bunch of hipsters fucking around and laughing at each other's jokes.
    • Kevin Sullivan / MSL - too much old man talk from a dude who thinks he knows everything (he's full of shit about non-wrestling history) and ass kissing from MSL. Sullivan really pissed me off. He can stick his 'it's not rocket science' up his ass. Also he's a blatant fucking liar that is constantly changing his narrative. Also old episodes of Nitro don't fucking interest me.
    • Brolin Alley with Kenny Bolin - not a jabroni but he's on the Russo network.
    • Attitude Era-2 other dudes can't stop keep Kefin "I need to have the last word always especially when the other dudes said something funny because I'm a fucking Irish cunt like McGregor" Mahon - the early episodes are good to great but currently its a pile of stinking SHITE because of Mahon. Avoid the new, listen to the old.
    • Breaking Kayfabe with Jeff Bowdren - there must be 7 podcasts with Breaking Kayfabe in the name - checking it out. Update - fuck this motherfucker - fucking college fucking football motherfucker fucker
    Insane Clown Wrestling level talent (nail my balls to a stool):
    • Russo - fuck him by gawd, bro. Will never listen to even if he gets a call from Roddy Piper in wrestler heaven.
    • Kevin Gill - as above but with PMA and a love for ICP. SOMETIMES listen if he has a cool guest (rarely)
    • Colt Cabana - smug asshole.

Young boys:
    • Kentucky Fried Rassling - checking it out but I'm pretty much bored with Southern rassling.
    • School of Morton - from the mullet cokehead panty chaser - not sure if its worthwhile long term.
    • New unnamed Wai Ting and John Pollock podcast first episode
      . Also their new land page http://www.johnandwai4.life/
    Last and Mike Mills will be doing a seperate Southern wrestling podcast. I think Last can't keep up with the work though. Still waiting after six months.

RIP HOF or FUCK THEM:
    • Roddy Piper- after Earl Skakel turned up to keep Roddy on program. Austin got the podcast cancelled after an impersonator did a podcast as Austin. Roddy died a week later of stress. Fuck Austin.
    • Old/New Bolin Alley - Brian Last and my friend Kenny - got into an argument because the Bolin kids were hijacking a bit (not that I mind) and BL/Kenny got in a tiff.
    • Austin Idol - smug and irritating despite Brian Last acting as co-host, had some good guests, cancelled.
    • Bischoff on Wrestling- Biggest lying cunty bullshitter apart from Russo. Also has a Wrestlezone cohost. Plus Eric is a Republinut. He gave up. Fuck him.
    • Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
    Anything to add?

Bonus: how to listen to YouTube videos in the background - I.e. Meltzer pirated on YouTube

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 8:33 AM
    JohnSAFTAHess, Rebelfett and Zer like this.
  2. Count Zero Cosme Fulanito belt

Count Zero
    edit in some links and you got a deal

3. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Not useful unless you're on an Iphone

Everything is on Itunes.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  4. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Pliny Pete
    Was really looking forward to Starmaker Bolins new podcast but his son and daughter in law ruin it with their smug obnoxious lectures and stereotypical college kid ignorant know it all-ness
    I actually agree with them about the Russo situation but they just come off as such assholes when they try to make their points
    Want to continue listening because Kenny is hilarious but I dont know if I can sit through any more of those two

Also if anyone wants to listen to a non wrestling but extremely hilarious podcast I highly recommend Never Not Funny
    Its kinda like a morning radio drive time show with guests, games and random chatter about the events of the day
    So fucking funny

5. prod2821 Gold Belt

prod2821
    Bischoff on Wrestling is pretty good

Rebelfett likes this.
  6. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Edited as above.

7. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America
    You don't like Sean Mooney?

MixedMartialArtsFan likes this.
  8. Bluesbreaker Brown Belt

Bluesbreaker
    Best ones, in my opinion:
    The Lapsed Fan
    Bruce Prichard podcast
    Colt Cabana podcast

Rebelfett likes this.
  9. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    I listened to the first 2 episodes of The Attitude Era Podcast and it's good so far.

10. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Pliny Pete
    What is that?

11. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    You probably wouldn't like it because they only talk about WWF stuff from 98-01.

12. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    He's shit.

13. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Nah, they've done the whole era, every PPV and now they do other crap, all WWE though.

Rebelfett likes this.
  14. Lethal_Striker Silver Belt

Lethal_Striker
    Steve and Larson Going in Raw is by far the best wrestling podcast.

15. The Higher Power "IT'S ME, AUSTIN!!!"

The Higher Power
    :eek:

MixedMartialArtsFan likes this.
  16. Tanaka リーゼン党

Tanaka
    I like Killing the Town with Lance Storm and Cyrus (Jackyl/Don Callis). Although since Callis got signed by NJPW to do commentary there's a lot of NJPW related talk and promotion which isn't my cup of tea.

Rebelfett likes this.
  17. Fizzee Water Silver Belt

Fizzee Water
    Weekly I listen to:

- Solomonster Sounds Off
    - Live Audio Wrestling
    - Review a Raw (LAW network)
    -Review a Smackdown! (Law network)
    -Keep it 2000 (Law network) technically bi-weekly, a former WWE writer and another dude review year 2000 Nitros.
    - We Watch Wrestling - Three comedians, two are livelong fans, one is a former WWE writer (Wrote a lot of the Team Hell No stuff) and then one guy who recently got into it a few years ago. Funny stuff.
    - Something to Wrestle With Bruce Prichard (THE BEST, fucking hilarious. Bruce's impressions are amazing)
    - What Happened When (Actually made me like Tony Shciavone who I despised in the attitude era)

Sometimes I listen to Ryan Satin's Sheet Podcast and Review a Wai if the subject interests me and sometimes Talk is Jericho and Stone Cold's podcast if they interview somebody I want to listen to.

OSW Reviews are good but very sporadic with uploading content.

Rebelfett and warriorscomeout like this.
  18. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Sheet is unlistenable IMO. Satin is only good on Konnan.

Rebelfett likes this.
  19. Bluesbreaker Brown Belt

Bluesbreaker
    Thanks to this thread, the Tony Schiavone podcast has taken over my life.

20. lakersfan45 That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!

lakersfan45
    I like xpac 1 2 3 359

And Lillian Garcia podcast as well always makes me very cry <DCrying>