The world is running out of sand — there’s even a violent black market for it

I just bought a half a ton of sand and I'm going to spread it around my white trash swimming pool.

What will happen is either:
-We will find more of it where we haven't previously looked
-We will find an alternative

I think it depends on how much you remove. The water filling in could be too much for the crust to bear and collapse causing seismic and volcanic activity. I could be wrong though, I'm no sand expert.

It is the plates holding it up, the sand is not, the plates are lighter than the magma but heavier than the sand and water.

Removing the loose sand would actually put less pressure on the plates I would assume. Now there could be other problems that I am not thinking of.

Last edited:
It is the plates holding it up, the sand is not, the plates are lighter than the magma but heavier than the sand and water.

Removing the loose sand would actually put less pressure on the plates I would assume. Now there could be other problems that I am not thinking of.
I'm reading an old book called the Book of the Seaven Seas. They mentioned that carving land out to create a man made sea would cause the water filling in to collapse the plates. But that's probably different than just removing the sand at the bottom.

I'm reading an old book called the Book of the Seaven Seas. They mentioned that carving land out to create a man made sea would cause the water filling in to collapse the plates. But that's probably different than just removing the sand at the bottom.

They water will be there anyway, just the weight of the sand is removed.

Doesn't more water fill in the missing space?

The water just settled lower replacing the volume of the sand grains. Not much more water came in, there are angles at shore but it will not me much of an addition, it should be a net loss of mass.

Doesn't more water fill in the missing space?

Sand sinks in water showing it has more mass. The water is only replacing the volume of the grains. No weight gain is taking place but a real loss in weight.

<Ellaria01>
But muh economic system! Muh constant growth! Muh mass immigration!

tumblr_lz7gafes0k1qhh83ro1_500.gif

Have they checked liberal vaginas

Back