The WALKING DEAD: Season 7, Second Half (No Comic or Show Spoilers)

Why was Rick Smilling did he saw some one he met before?

My friend speculated it was just him looking around at all those guns, and presumably shooting experience, and thinking 'oh hell yeah. just have to convince this group to join us, and we're golden.'

Also it took me a while, but I just realized that Rick smiling there at the end was significant. Michonne was giving him crap earlier for not smiling, when they survived the zombie highway. Thing is, mere survival isn't enough to make Rick smile anymore... he needed to see a bunch of guns, a chance at real freedom.

Walker's are officially useless now, should be treated like grizzly attacks, few survive but everybody fucked up......Washed up dead IMO.

I'm curious, any overlapping characters between the women village and this group?

I was actually first expecting it to be them, but saw men as well.

I think it was the women village and there were some manly looking women in there. I didn't see any clear beard or anything, just some balding women maybe. I could be wrong but even with a few, if they were dudes, it was 99% women.

Also it took me a while, but I just realized that Rick smiling there at the end was significant. Michonne was giving him crap earlier for not smiling, when they survived the zombie highway. Thing is, mere survival isn't enough to make Rick smile anymore... he needed to see a bunch of guns, a chance at real freedom.

Rick smiled because he hadn't seen this much pussy even before the apocalypse.

Walker's are officially useless now, should be treated like grizzly attacks, few survive but everybody fucked up......Washed up dead IMO.

I wish there were animal zombies to make it more interesting. Bird zombies and shit, a herd of wilder beast zombies, wild dogs zombies etc. It would probably involve a lot of CGI though which always looks bad.

My friend speculated it was just him looking around at all those guns, and presumably shooting experience, and thinking 'oh hell yeah. just have to convince this group to join us, and we're golden.'

But how does Rick know that these people will be sympathetic to his cause and that they are not like Ala Saviours or Wolves thug types?

I wish there were animal zombies to make it more interesting. Bird zombies and shit, a herd of wilder beast zombies, wild dogs zombies etc. It would probably involve a lot of CGI though which always looks bad.

Dog Zombies imagine a herd of Shi Tzu zombifed puppies!!

The people at the end of the episode looked like a bunch of sjws/liberal art majors.

Also i don't think you can look and sound as gay as that one dude and have lived this long, dude looks like he does nothing but watch re runs of will and grace.
That gay dude Aaron is dating really has a gay punchable face!

It's probably the most convincing casting in the show. 5'10" 155 lbs Rick would have got tossed by the zombies in the car scene.

That episode last night is the first time I remember him talking in an episode in a long time. Guess he's getting killed off soon.

I just want to point out that these TWD threads were blowing through 1000 post volumes within hours of eachother... back in the first and second seasons.

That flood has become a steady stream.

Yup, it sure as diminished since seasons 3 to 5 when hype here was at its peak. Although I enjoy the Negan character, this was the first time a season premiere did not have me hyped. I think others here have caught on to the TWD formula. After Ep 2, the group is going to break up in to different factions and have dedicated episodes on what they're up to (fillers). And some groups are way less interesting than others (Tara). They already set this up in the first ep by having Daryl hang back with the Kingdom. It's all going to culminate with some "mini" battle at season finale, giving either Saviors or Resistance a small victory, leaving the final battle for next mid season finale. That's probably where everyone will return back to being interested.

But how does Rick know that these people will be sympathetic to his cause and that they are not like Ala Saviours or Wolves thug types?

He believes he can either convince or kill anyone. It's part of what makes him a great leader in an apocalypse scenario

He believes he can either convince or kill anyone. It's part of what makes him a great leader in an apocalypse scenario
Yeah except how the whole terminus thing worked out. Saved by magical Carole just in time.

Yeah except how the whole terminus thing worked out. Saved by magical Carole just in time.

The writing is definitely hit-or-miss on this show. I find some of the characters (like Rick) exceed the writing of the actual plot they are in. I keep coming back for them more so than for the story.

I enjoyed the episode. They kind of have to "reset" after the finale so I didn't really expect any deaths or battles. It's interesting to see these different groups and how it will play out. Quick thoughts.

1. Hilltop leader is horrible. Why anyone would follow him is beyond me.

2. Rosita (while I've always found her hot) is turning into a whining little brat and a liability to the group.

3. At least Carl didn't have any lines this episode

4. Simon (Steven Ogg) had the best 2-3 minutes of the show....lol. I love his and Negan's sense of humor.

5. RIP Fat Joey........good luck skinny....I mean, just Joey.

6. The ultimate zombine killing machine is 2 cars and a steel cable apparently

Back